Reporting into the Communications and Project Manager, and working as part of a small team with the Communications Office, your primary purpose is to produce and assist in managing the Club’s internal and external communications publications, both print and digital.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to protect its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other and to enjoy the experience.
What’s in it for me?
- Work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds against a sporting backdrop
- Competitive salary
- Access to training
- Staff meals
- Social functions
- Access to world class golf course and tennis courts
- Career progression
- Discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of the Club’s communications strategy covering all areas of the Club’s operations – ensuring the Club’s logo, identity and written style is consistent throughout all communications activities.
- Provide day to day administration and planning assistance to the Project and Communications Manager to allow them to devote more time to master plan projects and strategic Club initiatives.
- Assist the Communications Officer to produce the Club’s internal and external communications publications, such as Website, Intranet, Notices, Newsletters, Events promotion and internal communication.
- Assist relevant departments with communications and administration requirements.
- Liaising and working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum 2-3 years’ communications media industry experience, preferably in a sporting or hospitality environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Media / Communications / Marketing or related discipline
- Management of complex campaigns, or complex projects requiring multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Excellent written, organisational and interpersonal skills with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in copy writing and editing
- Understanding of and experience working with organisational branding and style
- Technical skill in using the Adobe Suite, primarily InDesign and Photoshop
- Exceptional time management and stakeholder management skills
- Skills in DSLR photography and photo editing
- Skills and experience in graphic design (primarily publication design)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career and work in a professional and fun team with great perks, please apply today!