The Royal Sydney Golf Club is looking to recruit a permanent full-time Digital & Social Media Coordinator to join its Communications team.
This newly created position will play a pivotal role in developing Royal Sydney’s digital profile as the Club seeks to expand its online engagement across a variety of social media, complimenting existing communications channels and working collaboratively with all areas of the Club.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club is a private members club which was founded in 1893. It is recognised nationally and internationally for its world class facilities which include two golf courses, 18 tennis courts, bowling greens, croquet lawns, squash courts, a gym, two pools, dining outlets, and accommodation and function rooms.
While upholding the important traditions of Royal Sydney, the Club encourages all staff members to strive for constant innovation, excellence, leadership and enjoyment in all they do.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Project & Communications Manager your responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Helping to establish and manage Royal Sydney’s social media profile, and leading engagement with the Club’s online community
- Planning, creating and publishing a variety of digital content including photography and video
- Assisting in the creation and delivery of strategic communications to the Club’s membership, staff and external stakeholders
- Regular reporting on social media performance and developing new engagement strategies based on social trends and audience analysis
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with Royal Sydney staff to ensure content is timely, accurate, and adheres to Royal Sydney’s best practice principles
- Collaborating on and supporting communications initiatives from across all departments at the Club
What does the Club need from me?
- Minimum 5+ years’ social and digital media experience, preferably in a sporting or hospitality environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Media / Communications / Marketing or related discipline
- Excellent written, organisational and interpersonal skills with great attention to detail
- Understanding of, and experience working with, organisational branding and style
- Technical skill in using the Adobe Suite, primarily InDesign and Photoshop
- Skills in DSLR photography and photo editing
- Management of complex campaigns, or complex projects requiring multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Exceptional time management and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with, or producing, video content (desirable)
- Website content management experience (desirable)
What’s in it for me?
First and foremost you will work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds (against a sporting backdrop). You can expect a competitive salary, access to training, regular feedback and a range of benefits including staff meals, social functions, discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.) and uniforms.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click Apply