The Lakes Golf Club is looking to recruit a Director of Golf to manage the day to day operations of the Club’s golf department. The successful applicant will become an integral member of the management team and report directly to the General Manager.
About The Lakes Golf Club
The Lakes is one of Australia’s premier private golf clubs and the host of the 2018 Emirates Australian Open Championship. Our team of 60 staff are highly professional, positive, service orientated and talented.
We are seeking a suitably experienced PGA Member to lead and manage the golf department team to consistently exceed the expectations of our Members and guests. The right applicant will have a strong work ethic, be committed to ongoing incremental improvement, possess impressive communication skills and genuine leadership potential.
The Director of Golf will manage the entire day to day operations of the Golf Shop and Teaching Facility including management of:
- Member services;
- Competitions, electronic prize distribution and electronic timesheets;
- Merchandising, retail sales, stock control and point of sale systems;
- Staff development, training, rostering and payroll;
- Corporate golf events and yield maximisation.
This full time salaried position requires permanent weekend work, with no time available to conduct tuition. The successful applicant must be a current PGA Member and will preferably possess:
- Exceptional communication, management and leadership skills.
- Supervisory or management experience in a member service environment.
- Formal qualifications including a Bachelor of Business/Commerce would be beneficial.
The Club is known for its positive, supportive and enjoyable workplace culture in a beautiful environment. You will be provided with a competitive salary, professional development and a range of benefits including meals and the opportunity to play our world class golf course.
Are you are interested in being part of the management team of one of Australia’s leading private golf clubs where you can provide Members with a world class golfing experience? If so, mail your application (cover letter and resume) to the General Manager Andrew Kirkman at email@example.com