The Golf Academy at Shadow Creek is located within the Shadow Creek Golf Club. The academy consists of a championship 18 Hole Jack Nicklaus Design golf course, outstanding short game practice area, two indoor full swing simulator swing studios, and a fitness center. The Academy is conveniently located outside Beijing downtown, in the Shunyi District, near the Beijing Airport.
The Director of Instruction is responsible for organizing, budgeting, developing, promoting, scheduling and conducting golf instructional programs that meet customer demands and needs. Working with Home Office Support Staff and Golf Professional staff, this position will manage and maintain the golf teaching studio and assure consistently high quality service levels. The position supervises Teaching Professional, Translator – Assistants and Support staff.
Prioritized Keys to Successful Performance
- Build confidence and trust with existing student base and families.
- Continue to build and maintain established relationships with private schools in area.
- Work with GM of Shadow Creek to promote academy to membership.
Specific Responsibilities – include but are not limited to:
- Manage, oversee and direct the total golf instruction and player development programming for the facility.
- Oversee all lesson and instructional program schedules at the facility.
- Train golf professionals on golf instruction, teaching philosophies and the management of programs to include clinics, juniors, group, private lessons, player development and special population lessons.
- Utilize state-of-the-art teaching and learning theories, and be able to integrate the use of teaching aids, videotape, launch monitors, etc. when appropriate in all programs.
- Manage instructional budget for the facility and closely monitor departmental income and expense statements on a monthly basis. Explain variances and prepare corrective action plans.
- Supervise information requests regarding or pertaining to schedule of lessons and instructional golf.
- Supervise upkeep of the studio to ensure that safe, clean, organized and professional conditions exist at all times.
- Maintain teaching aids and equipment inventory in excellent condition.
- Attend all meetings scheduled by the management team; i.e., Home Office Support Staff and General Manager of Shadow Creek.
- Represent the facility in the community service to create a positive relationship with media (TV-radio-newspapers) and local business through promotional activities and programs.
- Create instructional programs to enhance service and maintain interest and enthusiasm among all customer segments.
- Assist in marketing and promotion for instruction programming
- Create player development programs to foster both a recreational, fun environment plus a competitive environment (as appropriate for each market segment).
- Maintain regular, open contact with both supervisors and staff instructors to ensure teamwork and consistency in teaching programs.
- Possess a personality trait that will make people feel welcome, reflecting favorably on the facility
- Maintain professional expertise through related courses and learning opportunities in golf training, player development, management, and accounting.
- Encourage staff instructors to engage in learning opportunities to maintain professional expertise and provide resources to meet those objectives.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Traits:
- PGA Member is preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf instruction and teaching methodology
- Fundamental supervisory practices and principles
- Act as a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated with desire to promote and market
- Service and customer focused attitude
- Remain up to date on customer relations management and player development initiatives
- Maintain and promote a positive professional image within the community
- Maintain a credible golf game and remain current on teaching innovations and marketing and business trends
If you feel you fit the above requirements and are interested in this role, please forward a cover letter with resume to Li Peng on email@example.com