Located on the northern beaches of Sydney and established in 1946, Monash Country Club is recognised as one of Australia’s leading championship courses and private golf clubs.
An exciting and new opportunity has been created for a Finance Manager to join this prestigious Club. With a turnover circa $3 million and membership of around 1,000, the Club has maintained its proud tradition and heritage whilst responding to the changing needs of its members.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position has a broad focus incorporating much more than pure accounting and would suit an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who will work amongst a small office team.
- monthly management reporting and analysis to support critical decision making;
- working closely with the General Manager to ensure accurate budget tracking, forecasting and KPI development;
- responsibility for the finance function, including AP, AR, payroll and IT support;
- maintaining the asset management register;
- ensuring compliance obligations across the Club;
- proactively driving continuous improvements in the Club’s financial systems and processes.
Applications are encouraged from emerging professionals with appropriate qualifications, and who have gained accounting experience either in a chartered environment or commerce.
Experience in the golf industry or another similar Club environment would naturally be an advantage but is not essential; absolutely essential will be strong project management and Excel skills and a knowledge of Micropower software. The successful candidate must have the ability to work autonomously and provide meaningful and timely reports and commercial recommendations to the General Manager.
An excellent salary package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications should be forwarded to John Harrison – General Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: March 2016
Closing Dates for Applications: 19 February 2016