The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to protect its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to The Fitness Centre Manager, you will be the face of the Fitness Centre and responsible for creating a positive member experience working between 8 – 30 hours per week. This role will include regular Tuesday and Saturday evening shifts, with the opportunity of additional shifts throughout the week. You will help to coordinate and ensure smooth running of an excellent Fitness facility including: a gym, indoor and outdoor pool, group exercise studios, child minding, massage and more.
Your primary purpose is to aid and support the Fitness Centre team and Royal Sydney Golf Club Members.
The key tasks include:
- Provision of exemplary service to members, including listening and responding to member needs in a professional and positive manner
- Daily administrative tasks including but not limited to: Inbound and outbound calls, cash handling, member bookings, swim school administration, diary management.
What does the Club need from me?
- A member-focused outlook and a passion for excellent service delivery
- Previous experience in the leisure/recreation industry
- Availability Tuesday – Saturday
- Administration experience
- Experience with bookings/ CRM systems
- Experience with point of sale systems
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other staff
- Competency in using computers and associated software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to promote the services to members
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation and composure under pressure
- Preferred – Senior First Aid
- Preferred – Pool Life Guard Certificate
What’s in it for me?
- Work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds against a sporting backdrop
- Competitive salary
- Access to training
- Regular feedback
- Staff meals
- Social functions
- Discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.)
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click here to Apply.