The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to protect its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other and to enjoy the experience.
What will I be doing?
You will be working in an a la carte restaurant environment where you will be responsible for the daily operations and leading a team of vibrant and fun attendants.
The key tasks include:
- Leading a team of staff in a very hands on environment
- Rostering, recruitment and training of staff
- Providing leadership and development to the team
- Practicing efficient and effective cash handling and financial reporting
This is a full-time position predominately working evening shifts in our busy a la carte restaurant. Weekend work is required as well as during the week.
What does the Club need from me?
- Two years’ experience in a similar role (4 or 5 star service environment)
- A la carte dining experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of staff in an a la carte environment
- Working knowledge of Australian and International wines
- Barista experience
- Food Hygiene Certification and NSW RSA qualification
- Practical experience in running a successful Food and Beverage outlet
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated passion for excellence in customer service
- Team player
- Well presented at all times as you will interact with members daily, consistently providing exceptional service, advice and instruction
- Display motivation, energy and drive
- Flexible to work evenings shifts including weekends and public holidays
- Competitive salary
- Access to training and feedback
- Daily staff meals
- Access to sporting facilities
- Discounts on wine, sporting goods
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click Apply