This is a great opportunity to apply your leadership skills, project management experience and commercial expertise to lead and develop one of Brisbane’s renowned golf clubs.
Since 1930 the Nudgee Golf Club has been providing members, guests and public golfers with memorable experiences. Located adjacent to Nudgee Beach and the foreshore of Moreton Bay, and only 30min from Brisbane’s CBD, the club offers a 36-hole golf course, extensive practice facilities, and clubhouse with panoramic views and accompanying golf and hospitality services.
With the widening of the adjacent busy motorway a major re-development of the golf course is underway. Works are expected to commence in early 2018, and when complete, Nudgee will deliver 2 new and high-quality 18-hole golf courses to local golfers and visitors to the region.
The club is ideally placed for renewed growth and success.
The club is now seeking a new general manager to lead the club during this important period and beyond. You will be actively involved in all aspects of the club and responsible for all operations. Your priorities will be:
- Working with the club’s representatives and partners to successfully deliver the re-development project;
- Leading the development and execution of a new strategic plan;
- Providing leadership, supervision, training and support to staff and contractors;
- Driving the club’s financial performance and position.
To be successful you will possess the following key performance attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership with a focus on delivering quality member and guest experiences by a high-performing service team;
- An innovative, entrepreneurial and commercial approach, with a track record in achieving revenue growth, revenue diversification and profit;
- A strategic focus, with successful development and execution of strategic and annual business plans; and
- Be highly capable at project, financial, administration and compliance management.
Also, you will have excellent organisational skills with a willingness and versatility to work collaboratively with the club’s board, sub-committees, employees and contractors. It is essential you be friendly, independent and a motivated person with strong communication and personal skills that match the club’s culture.
Golf management experience is desirable. However, if you are currently employed outside the golf industry and possess the other key performance attributes as identified, then you are strongly encouraged to apply.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered commensurate with the role.
Applications are being managed by WellPlayed Golf Business Consultancy and close Friday 27 October for immediate commencement.
Please e-mail your application, including an explanation of how your skills and experience satisfy the key performance attributes, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact Guy Chapple from WellPlayed on 0417 034 684 or via email as referenced.