Portsea Golf Club is situated on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. The golf links lie on an iconic stretch of land nestled between Bass Strait and Port Philip Bay adjoining Port Nepean National Park.
Established in 1925, Portsea Golf Club is a public company limited by a guarantee from our members (the beneficial owners of the Club) and is governed by a Board of Directors.
Having relocated to a new clubhouse in 2014 and transitioned to a business which now includes accommodation, the Club is seeking a General Manager who can continue the expansion in membership whilst driving profitable growth in golf operations, accommodation and food and beverage through events and weddings. This is an outstanding opportunity to join this amazing business.
The General Manager, as chief executive officer of the Club, reports to the President. The person is responsible to the Board for managing all aspects of the Club’s business, embracing golf operations, hospitality, accommodation, marketing and communications, member services, finance and administration, course management and maintenance of all assets.
The General Manager coordinates and administers the Club’s policies as defined by its Board of Directors, managing operating policies and procedures and directing the work of all department heads. The General Manager attends meetings of the Board of Directors providing relevant reports and information and coordinates and serves as an ex-officio member of Club Committees
This role manages the relationships between the Board of Directors, members, guests, employees, community, government and industry. The General Manager must run a seamless business operation across all departments to ensure the satisfaction of all stakeholders whilst maximising revenue streams.
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL, SKILLS AND APTITUDES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- At least three years in a General Management role, with Golf Club or similar experience including food & beverage, functions and preferably accommodation. Relevant experience in business and financial management.
- Proven track record in revenue growth, promotion and retention of club membership, strong working relationships with Board, Committees and engagement across all sections of the club. A strong focus on member and guest satisfaction is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and experience at effectively executing business plans and strategies and clearly communicating mission, vision and objectives.
- Whilst not essential, tertiary qualifications in Business Management including marketing would be favorable regarded.
- Ability to effectively manage staff and to maintain a high level of morale, productivity and employee engagement
This General Management position requires an unwavering determination to deliver results that will ensure the ongoing success of the Club. The role requires 24/7 operational responsibility including weekends and some evenings. While generally involving five-day a week attendance, the position requires flexibility and the GM must be present during key competitions, functions and events, including Saturdays and most Public Holidays. Days off may be granted in lieu of pay to cover specific periods of excessive operational requirements.
Applicants must include a current resume with a brief covering letter.
Please apply to the President at email@example.com.
Applications will close on Friday, 23rd March.