An exciting position has become available to join one of Sydney’s premier golfing facilities as an integral part of the management team.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Golf Operations Manager will be responsible for the hands on management of all golf services, including retail sales, member competitions, golf lessons, corporate events and operation of the golf shop.
The primary responsibilities of the Golf Operations Manager are to;
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures established in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Ensure that an exceptional standard of service is provided on a consistent basis.
- Ensure that an appropriate range of golf equipment, apparel and accessories is available for sale to members and visitors to the club.
- Oversight and management of all golf events, including starting of the field and management of pace of play.
- Oversight of golf cart management, member equipment cleaning, club repair, bag storage services and practice range.
- Development and implementation of annual Golf Operations department budget in conjunction with General Manager and Finance Manager.
- Monthly reporting and analysis of financial performance of the Golf Operations department.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve sales targets.
- Ensure adherence to WHS policies and procedures within department.
- Ensure effective communication with other departments in relation to golf activity.
- Continuous review of Golf Operations with a view to improving member services and profitability of department.
- Ensure staff provide exceptional customer service and implement training programmes as required.
- Work with Match Committee to ensure efficient running of Club events.
The person we are seeking should;
- Have an extensive understanding of the golf industry and preferably be a member of the PGA of Australia.
- Have experience in a similar position at a high quality golf club or golf resort facility.
- Have experience in golf retail sales and be able to develop and implement effective sales strategies.
- Be passionate about providing exceptional service and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have a working knowledge of Power Golf and Miclub systems.
- Be passionate about leading and motivating a team and creating an atmosphere of cooperation with other departments and department managers to ensure excellence in delivery of services.
This position offers an excellent environment and competitive salary.
Applications should be sent to the General Manager at email@example.com by 30th June 2018.