Yeppoon Golf Club is seeking to appoint a Golf Operations Manager to provide service to their 600 golfing members and thousands of visitors who play the course each year.
The club is located 40km east of Rockhampton on the magnificent Capricorn Coast in Queensland, just above the Tropic of Capricorn, at the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef. The Golf Shop operates 7 days per week with the busiest days being Wednesdays and Saturdays due to Men’s & Ladies competitions on those days.
The Club’s facilities include an 18 hole par 71 Golf Course, fully stocked Golf Shop with 20 hire carts, licensed club house, practice putting green and a practice range.
The successful applicant must be experienced in golf shop management in addition to being well presented, honest and reliable, organised, self-motivated with a good work ethic and a willingness to learn, and display good communication skills.
The successful applicant will be employed by the club and be recognised as the ‘face’ of golf at the club. You will be accountable for operating the day-to-day functions of the Golf Shop and assist the club to manage core golfing functions. You will also be required to perform clubhouse duties and on occasion assist in the bar as requested by the Club Manager. Ultimately your role is critical to the club so it develops the reputation as the premier Golf club in the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the pro shop and delivery of all golf services,
- Managing all play and practice (member, public and corporate), competition and handicaps,
- Administering golf competitions and handicapping.
- The collection of green fees, cart hire fees and beverage revenue
- Administration of club competitions – responsible for educating and enforcing the etiquette and rules of golf and so assist members to enjoy the game
- The collection of competition entry fees for both member events and district tournaments
- Starting and coordinating competition fields
- Purchase and sell a range of equipment, accessories & clothing supplies for club members and visitors
- Attend presentations, social activities etc (where possible)
- Assist in the promotion of the club and its facilities
- Organise the Club’s annual Pro AM including obtaining sponsors
- Assist and attend match committee meetings offering support and guidance
- Liaise with local media to promote golf in the region and provide regular information for webpage
- Prepare reports on golf activity for monthly board meeting
- Arranging member tuition clinics as requested by the Golf sub-committee which may require booking PGA Professionals on a contract basis
The position offered is as an employee with the following operations forming part of the responsibilities of the successful applicant:
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Relevant experience in golf operations and golf retail,
- Demonstrated leadership of a professional golf service team,
- Experience in the sales and delivery of corporate golf events,
- Passion for customer service and attention to detail,
- Enthusiastic, friendly and proactive approach to work, including flexible working hours.
- A reasonable level of golf playing ability or member of the Professional Golfers Association would be an advantage.
- Experience with Micropower and/or Golf Computer Systems is an advantage.
- Professional attitude, conduct and appearance
- Be people-focused and have inter-personal skills so that our members know that you are approachable and have a ‘no problem’ mentality
- Excellent networking skills to develop relationships with the business community in our region
An attractive salary and employment package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applications for this exciting opportunity close on the 31st March 2017.
To apply for the role please submit your resume along with a covering letter motivating your suitability for this role to Mike Orloff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Golf Industry Central regrets that no telephone calls regarding the role can be accommodated at this time.