The Royal Sydney Golf Club is one of Australia’s most prestigious golf clubs. It provides a supportive workplace that values hard work, talent, enthusiasm and respect for traditions. It is recognized nationally and internationally for its world class facilities which include two golf courses, 17 tennis courts, bowling greens, croquet lawns, squash courts, a gym, pools, cafes, a fine dining restaurant, accommodation rooms and multiple function rooms.
An opportunity exists to join the Sport Operations team in a role as a full-time Golf Operations Supervisor with strong administration skills combined with golf industry experience.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Golf Manager and working closely with the Director of Sport, Golf Operations Supervisors and Sport Supervisor, the role is responsible for the supervision of the Club’s daily golf operations, shop administration, sports retail and shop presentation to ensure a high standard and quality of service to members and guests.
The key tasks include:
- Ensure the service provided to members and their guests is of the highest standard at all times;
- Remain up to date with the daily events, fixtures and upcoming events for all sports at Royal Sydney;
- Supervise and lead the Sport Shop team while on duty;
- Provide administration support to the Sport Shop team;
- Develop and train Sport Shop Assistants in sales techniques and selling skills;
- Daily management of team to ensure professional standards are adhered to;
- Working autonomously as well as within a team.
What does the Club need from me?
- Experience in managing, leading and developing front line employees in a similar position;
- Strong administration skills;
- Strong experience and knowledge within the golf industry;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines;
- Proficient in MiClub, and experience in inventory and stock control systems;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude;
- Proven background in providing the highest level of customer experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Retail experience;
- Flexibility with the ability to work on weekends;
- Unlimited working rights in Australia.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Access to training and development
- Daily staff meals
- Access to sporting facilities
- Discounts on wine and sporting goods
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click on Apply