The Royal Sydney Golf Club is one of Australia’s most prestigious golf clubs. It provides a supportive workplace that values hard work, talent, enthusiasm and respect for traditions.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, your primary purpose is to assume responsibility for the Club during the hours of 9:00pm – 7:00am. From time to time you will be required to cover staff on annual leave and for the suitable candidate to also work some evening shifts.
You will be required to work on a permanent part-time basis of at least 28 hours/three shifts per week. Up to 38 hours per week dependent on business requirements. Please note the job description is varied, it is not desk bound and overnight contact with members is minimal.
The key tasks include:
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment through a consistent high level of customer service
- Maintain the rules and standards of the Club in all aspects of the Reception / Guest Service
- To ensure the Club is secure in the evening and co-ordinate with Security
- Act as the Chief fire Warden / First Aid Responder during the hours on duty
- Co-ordinate with Housekeeping staff working overnight.
- To actively provide assistance to members and guests as required
- To understand and work with the accommodation system at the Club for members, guests and reciprocal members as per the rules of the Club.
- To accept and direct all telephone and electronic communication that comes through the main Club lines of communication
- Take ownership of the general look and upkeep of the Clubhouse
- Ensure bridge areas are clean and set in according to department requirements
- Assist with the reset of key areas as required
- Newspaper distribution and the handling of deliveries
- Basic reporting skills
- Assist with monthly stocktake as required
What does the Club need from me?
- Unlimited working rights in Australia
- First Aid certification
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A can do attitude
- Experience working during the night (desirable)
- Competitive salary
- Access to training
- Daily staff meals
- Access to sporting facilities
- Discounts on wine, sporting goods
About Royal Sydney
Royal Sydney is a Sydney icon originally established in 1893. It recognised nationally and internationally for its world class facilities. With 17 modern accommodation rooms set in historical surroundings that provide amazing harbour and golf course views. We have a fine dining restaurant, several other food & beverage outlets and multiple function rooms. Royal Sydney is renowned for international events in both golf and tennis, with other facilities including bowling greens, croquet lawns, squash courts and a gymnasium with two swimming pools.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click Apply