If you’re looking for a full time role with a strong reputation and work hard; join The Royal Sydney Golf Club. The Club is looking to recruit a Chef De Partie Pastry to join its Kitchen team.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to uphold its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Head Pastry Chef your primary purpose is to be hands on in the kitchen and work with a team of 4 highly motivated and professional pastry chefs. You will have the opportunity to work in a creative environment where all produce is made in-house and your input will be highly valued. The role will involve early morning starts working during the day during the week and on a weekend.
The key tasks include:
- Day to day set up and running of a section within the pastry kitchen
- Provide creative input into the preparation of desserts, pastries, chocolate work for all our outlets (restaurant, fitness centre cafe, snack bar), member takeaways and functions/events
What does the Club need from me?
- Unlimited working rights
- Minimum of 4 years experience within a hotel or high calibre patisseries
- A creative flair coupled with extensive produce knowledge and a passion for the quality and consistency of the food produced
- A passion for desserts and presentation
- A great knowledge of food and hygiene practices
- Up to date knowledge of current food trends
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills and a professional attitude
- Well presented at all times
- Display motivation, energy and drive
- 5 star hotel experience (Desirable)
What’s in it for me?
First and foremost you will work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds (against a sporting backdrop). You can expect a competitive salary, access to training, regular feedback and a range of benefits including staff meals, social functions, discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.) and uniforms.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click Apply.