A unique opportunity awaits a dedicated professional with a leading golf manufacturer in Sydney, Australia.
American Golf Supplies is the exclusive Australian distributor of the PING range of golf equipment and apparel. PING is a family owned company founded in 1959 in the garage of Karsten Solheim. Karsten’s frustration with his putter inspired him to design a putter which made a “pinging” sound when striking a golf ball. Today, PING is synonymous with innovation, quality and service in the world of golf.
A key part of this role is to plan and execute fitting events and programs for American Golf Supplies on behalf of the PING brand.
PING is a premium golf equipment brand and the role of a Fitting Specialist will suit somebody who can conduct themselves as an ambassador for the PING brand and deliver the highest standards of customer service to our account base and consumers alike. The nature of the golf industry is such that weekend work is inevitable and the successful candidate will need to be prepared to work within this environment.
Working with the Sales team and reporting to the National Sales Manager, this role requires a fitting expert, preferably a PGA Professional, who is passionate about fitting and providing every customer with an exceptional club fitting experience.
Working with our Sales Team, you will be responsible for planning, scheduling and conducting custom fitting events at golf courses and golf retail outlets throughout NSW. You will also be responsible for planning, scheduling and conducting staff training with our retail partners, ensuring that staff Custom Fitting knowledge is up to date and that the staff are confident in the process of fitting PING golf clubs. From time to time you will also be required to work in our warehouse, assisting with day to day duties of dispatching goods and assisting with customer enquiries.
- An individual who exudes enthusiasm for golf and golf products (ideally a player)
- Proven experience in club fitting all standards of golfers
- Have sound knowledge with popular fitting technologies (Trackman, FlightScope, GCII etc.)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm & deal with conflict using key negotiating skills
- Proven, confident presenter to audiences of all sizes & levels
- Skilled in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures
- Advanced Computer and Microsoft Office Skills
- Full drivers licence
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferred: PGA Qualified
- Extensive Fitting Experience
- Experience as an educator or trainer within the golf industry will be an advantage
Please forward applications including a CV and cover letter to Mr Brad Glass, National Sales Manager, American Golf Supplies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday 28 April 2017.