The Royal Sydney Golf Club is one of Australia’s most prestigious golf clubs. It provides a supportive workplace that values hard work, talent, enthusiasm and respect for traditions.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club is a private members club which was founded in 1893. It is recognised nationally and internationally for its world class facilities which include two golf courses, 17 tennis courts, bowling greens, croquet lawns, a squash court, a gym, 2 pools, several cafes, a fine dining restaurant, accommodation rooms and multiple function rooms.
While upholding the important traditions of the Club, all staff members are encouraged to strive for constant innovation, excellence, leadership and enjoyment in all they do.
What will I be doing?
You will be running an a la carte restaurant, averaging 80 – 100 covers per night, where you will be responsible for the daily operations and leading a team of vibrant and fun attendants.
The key tasks include:
- Successful day to day operation of our 120 seat restaurant
- Rostering, recruitment and training of staff
- Providing leadership and development to the team
- Being the face of the restaurant and building a great rapport with our membership
This is a full-time position predominately working evening shifts in our busy a la carte restaurant. Weekend work is required as well as during the week.
What does the Club need from me?
- Experience in a similar role (4 or 5 star service environment)
- A la carte dining experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of staff in an a la carte environment
- Working knowledge of Australian and International wines
- Barista experience
- Food Hygiene Certification and NSW RSA qualification
- Practical experience in running a successful Food and Beverage outlet
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated passion for excellence in customer service
- Team player
- Well presented at all times as you will interact with members daily, consistently providing exceptional service, advice and instruction
- Display motivation, energy and drive
- Flexible to work evenings shifts including weekends and public holidays
- Competitive salary
- Work life balance
- Access to training and feedback
- Daily staff meals
- Access to sporting facilities
- Discounts on wine, sporting goods
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click Apply. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.