If you’re looking for a casual role within an organisation with a strong reputation, the opportunity to develop and the chance to work with good people who are talented and work hard; join The Royal Sydney Golf Club. The Club is looking to recruit a fully qualified Swimming Instructor to join its Fitness Centre team. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced, dedicated Swimming Instructor to work at a world class venue.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to uphold its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Fitness Centre Manager you will be required to work on Saturday mornings and other days as arranged. The position includes the delivery of both Swim School classes and private lessons.
- Responsible for the professional conduct of swimming lessons/coaching sessions and water safety programs ensuring the provision of exceptionally high standard of programs.
- Knowledge and ability to pre-plan and develop lesson structures.
- Conduct swimming lessons/coaching sessions to meet the defined needs of the students.
What does the club need from me?
- Austswim Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety or equivalent accreditation
- Swim Australia Teacher
- CPR/Resuscitation Certificate
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Effective communication skills with children and parents
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Flexible availability, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Have the ability to think on your feet & show initiative
- Swim Ed Teacher of Swimming
- Austswim Teacher of Infant & Preschool Aquatics
- Austswim Teacher of Aquatics with People of Disabilities
- Austswim Teacher of Competitive Strokes
- Swim Australia Babies & Toddlers
What’s in it for me?
- The opportunity to work for a progressive organisation that value staff education and development
- Competitive wages
- The opportunity to work in a newly constructed facility with a supportive and friendly team environment
- Benefits including staff meals and discounted purchases (including sporting goods and wine).
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please click Apply.