Fri Jan 25 2013SEEKING: General Manager - Long Reef GC- NSW
General Manager to manage the Club’s operations and facilities and to provide strategic and financial management, drive golf membership and the overall marketing and promotion of golf and the club’s facilities to members and the public.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Club and will report to the Board. Currently the operational turnover is approximately $4 million with a roster of 18 full-time and a pool of casual employees. The Club also has a PGA contractor for the golf operations and a contractor for catering and functions.
Long Reef Golf Club’s 18-hole golf course is a visually stunning links style course situated on the Long Reef Peninsula at Collaroy only 20 kms from the Sydney CBD. The course is currently ranked 28th best public access course in Australia. The current membership includes 883 golf playing members and 715 non-playing members and has a significant social patronage.
The General Manager will be responsible to the Board of Directors for the following main duties and tasks:
- Financial and cash flow management
- Experience in building and maintaining a high performance team
- Administration and management of operations
- Marketing and promotion including web site development
- Management of the catering and golf contractors
- Staff management across all areas of the Club’s operation
- Compliance and Corporate Governance including OH&S
- Project Manage new capital expenditure works
The successful candidate must have the following capabilities:
- Senior manager experience, preferably (but not necessarily) in the hospitality/golf industry
- Demonstrated ability to devise a business plan consistent with the strategic plan of the Club
- Strong financial/accounting skills
- Ability to report and take responsibility for the performance of the Club based on agreed KPIs
- Ability to develop and recommend strategies for improvement and viability of the Club
- The ability to set and maintain a customer focused service culture
- Strong leadership with excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively to members of the club, staff and the board
- Experience in food, beverage and gaming operations
- Experience working with local and state government authorities
The successful applicant will enjoy a vibrant club atmosphere and an appropriate remuneration package reflecting industry benchmarks.
Applications are to include a covering letter addressing all criteria and CV (with current referees) and submitted by post/email to:
Long Reef Golf Course
PO Box 182
Collaroy NSW 2097
Applications will close at 5pm (Sydney) on Friday 8th February 2013.
*All applicants must already have the right to work in Australia/