Tue May 22 2012Seeking: General Manager, Lynwood Country Club
- Golf and Licensed Club Responsibility
- Create and Realise the Future
- Huge Potential and Prestige
Lynwood Country Club, located in Pitt Town is one of the newest Golf Clubs in Sydney. It offers its members a championship par 72 golf course and superb practise facilities in addition to a thriving Licensed Club with excellent restaurant and function capability.
Lynwood is well positioned to grow and capitalise on its development potential to create the most prestigious sporting and hospitality venue in the North-West of Sydney. The vision is clear and the future can be exciting – they now need an exceptional General Manager to drive and lead this future success.
The role will report to the President on behalf of the Board of Directors, and will have full accountability for the strategic and operational management of the business. While this is a hands-on role, there is strong support and key responsibilities will include:
- Driving revenue, membership, sponsorship and marketing;
- Provision of leadership to all staff (currently in excess of 15) and contracted services, including the
- Developing and maintaining operational excellence in both the Licensed Club and golf course;
- Compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements;
Success in this role will require you to possess and be able to demonstrate:
- very strong strategic, commercial and financial skills;
- excellent people leadership and coaching competence;
- experience, and a successful track record, in Licensed Club management and familiarity with
- Corporations Act, Registered Clubs Act and Regulations, the Liquor Act, and Gaming Machines
- a working knowledge of the MicroPower software system;
- a high level of influencing, negotiation and relationship building skills
It is really important that you have experience in, or a strong empathy with, the game of golf. Expertise in business case preparation, as well as a high level of financial management competence, is essential, as is the ability to analyse business opportunities and move quickly to capitalise on them. Tertiary qualifications would be well regarded. Above all, an impeccable degree of integrity is paramount.
This role presents both a significant challenge and opportunity – if you feel you are ready and equipped to take it on, please send your details to Trevor Gage on email@example.com. If you require further information, phone Trevor on 0418863685.
There is a desire to move quickly on an appointment, so please send your application promptly.