Lonsdale Links is in an exciting period of transition with a new 18-hole golf course and clubhouse due to open in December 2020. Renowned architects Ogilvy Cocking & Mead are confident that the new course will be well entrenched in the Top 100 Courses in Australia. The new clubhouse designed by Wood Marsh is also set to become a central hub for the community of Point Lonsdale and a high-quality experience for people traveling to the Bellarine.
Our hospitality team provides food and beverage services of the highest standard to Members, guests and the public as well as corporate events, weddings, conferences and private functions.
To coincide with the new course and clubhouse opening, we seek to engage a highly professional and enthusiastic Food & Beverage Manager to oversee the smooth and efficient operation of our Front of House. The successful candidate will be passionate about hospitality and be motivated to exceed Member expectations whilst creating an outstanding food and beverage experience.
We encourage applications from experienced and hands-on hospitality professionals who are prepared to bring their knowledge for food and beverage trends, leadership skills and motivation to embrace new challenges with the support of our experienced back of house and administration teams.
Reporting to the General Manager, key responsibilities are:
- Supervising the daily operations of three outlets – restaurant, golfer’s lounge and kiosk
- Coordinate the organisation and implementation of member functions and events
- Working closely with the Head Chef to implement daily specials and promotions
- Working closely with senior management and kitchen team to identify and develop catering services to enhance the Member and guest experience and improve sales
- Delivering superior Member and guest services and exceeding service expectations at all times
- Development, mentoring and training of the hospitality team to continuously improve service standards
- Lead and motivate staff throughout service
- Continuously update and develop the wine list
- Maintain effective stock management for the restaurant, golfer’s lounge and kiosk
To be successful in this role you will possess the following attributes:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with professional and immaculate personal presentation
- Passion for delivering outstanding, warm and friendly customer service
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact efficiently with the team, Members, guests, suppliers and management
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong planning and organisational skills
- Extensive knowledge of food and wine including current trends
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively in a fast pace environment
- Positive work attitude and ability to lead a team successfully with a “can-do” attitude
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, public holidays and peak Summer season.
Beneficial prior experience to bring to this role:
- Experience in pre-opening new properties
- Golf hospitality experience
- Experience managing catering service for 150 -250 people
- Experience in Wedding service up to 200 people
- Managing front of house team up to 20 people
- Knowledge in Mediterranean cuisines (especially Italian)
- Ability to provide references (at least last 2 companies)
Please send your covering letter addressing the key responsibilities and resume addressed to the Lonsdale Links General Manager.