Golf Retail Assistant
Lonsdale Links is in an exciting period of transition with a new 18-hole golf course and clubhouse due to open in December 2020. Renowned architects Ogilvy Cocking & Mead are confident that the new course will be well entrenched in the Top 100 Courses in Australia. The new clubhouse designed by Wood Marsh is also set to become a central hub for the community of Point Lonsdale and a high-quality experience for people travelling to the Bellarine.
Lonsdale Links is recruiting for an experienced Golf retail assistant on a full time basis. You will be responsible for assisting the Director of Golf in the effective operation of the Golf Shop and the provision of related golfing services including retail.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing Member enquiries and bookings
- Strong golf knowledge
- Assist the Director of Golf with stock purchasing plans
- Assisting with retail purchases
- Conducting course marshalling
- Assisting in the merchandising of the stock in the golf shop
- Participating in the promotion and organisation of golfing events
- Maintaining the Golf Shop
The successful applicant must satisfy the following criteria:
- Strong communication skills
- A focus on providing excellent service
- Ability to build rapport with all Members and guests
- A positive attitude and a passion for great customer service
- Excellent personal presentation
- Energetic and friendly attitude
- Similar experience within a golf shop will be viewed favourably
Weekend availability is essential along with the ability to work late across a 7-day roster.
A competitive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant.