“The Sunshine Coast’s premier golf club, providing exceptional golf and hospitality experiences.”
Located in beautiful Buderim on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Headland Golf Club is only a 1.25-hour drive north from Brisbane on the M1 motorway.
The premier club offers an 18-hole par 72 course for its 1000 golfing members and provides extensive facilities for 300 social members. The clubhouse includes a function room, a bistro/coffee shop (contracted),10 gaming machines with an adjacent outdoor smoking area, and a beautiful ocean view outlook.
Known for its strategic focus of continuous improvement through a flexible team-oriented approach, the Club is now looking for a dynamic customer-focused individual for the role as General Manager to direct all aspects of the day to day operations of the Club.
The General Manager will be responsible for directing and managing the club in a manner befitting a preeminent golf club. The GM will also ensure the Club is commercially oriented and viable in the long term through the provision of high-quality and cost-effective services to members under the policies set by the Board of Directors.
The Golf Shop and restaurant are managed by contractors but are integral to the overall operation. The General Manager must develop a strong working relationship with each department and manage and contribute to the implementation and development of long-term plans and projects.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Responsibility for overall management and operations of the Club on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong leadership qualities with a focus on excellence in the provision of services to members and guests.
- A management philosophy which always ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Club, and with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills ensuring a service-focused environment for members, guests, and staff.
- The ability to work harmoniously with members of the Board and the senior management team.
- A proven track record in the successful execution of strategic and operational plans.
- Strong financial, administration and compliance skills.
- Licence requirements for RMLV, RSG, and RSG as required or have completed before starting.
Applicants should have:
- A high standard of work performance
- Performance of duties with enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity
- A commitment to customer service at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well-developed computer skills.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and problem-solving skills (preferably evidenced by tertiary qualifications in business)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in management at a senior level
- Sound financial management knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of golf administration and golf course operations is preferred.
How to apply:
Please forward your application to Recruitment Consultant Mike Orloff from Golf Industry Central via the link below.
For more information on Headland Golf Club, please visit the website.
Applications will strictly close on Sunday 4 October 2020.
*Sorry no phone calls will be taken at this time and all applicants must already have a right to work in Australia. All applicants will be notified of status by 9 October.