- Industry leading golf brand in Australia with 80% market share!
- Oversee an established portfolio of brands
- Entrepreneurial family run business with a fantastic culture!
Since 1993, MGI has grown to one of Australia’s leading Golf wholesale companies. Owner of leading golf brands MGI & Sureshot GPS, and distributors of leading American golf brands, MGI prides itself on the delivery of quality golf products and fantastic service both nationally and globally.
We have an exciting opportunity for a result driven, experienced National Sales Manager to join our business at rapid time of growth and opportunity. You will be empowered to make decisions that will mould the future of our brands and make a true impact on the domestic market.
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the management team you will be responsible for overseeing the relationships of the company’s most important accounts.
Your natural people persona will enable you to obtain and maintain committed relationships with key personnel in established major accounts, by comprehending their requirements and promoting our company’s products, to achieve mutual satisfaction and optimal business results.
Your strategic and yet hands on sales ability is imperative for devising and implementing effectives sales strategies that will achieve sales targets and objectives. In conjunction with Marketing, you will use your creativity and thorough knowledge of sales processes to provide innovative sales & marketing ideas for business growth across the entire brand portfolio.
Communication and team management skills are also essential for your success in this position. Leading and supporting a team of 6 established, Sales Agents and an internal Sales Administration and Customer Service team of 4; you will set, monitor and clearly communicate sales objectives and provide regular business updates that will support the achievement of sales targets. You will thrive on the ability to motivate, coach and lead others to accomplish optimal results and be willing to take a hands-on approach to day-to-day sales and administration in the office. To be successful in this role your demonstrated experience managing high performing internal teams and sales agents is required.
Although it is not essential to have previous industry knowledge, you will show a willingness to immerse yourself in the products and industry to gain an in-depth understanding of the range, the customer and most importantly the end consumer. Any previous experience in the golf industry or a genuine passion/interest for golf will be advantageous.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with a portfolio of major accounts to ensure they don’t turn to competition
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the needs and requirements of key accounts and expand the relationships by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Develop and implement effective creative sales strategies across all brands
- Lead, manage and support Sales Agents and internal team members to achieve sales targets and optimal business results
- Manage, motivate, coach and develop team members to reach peak performance and capability
- Establish productive and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiate and close sales agreements that are competitive yet profitable with key account holders
- Establish, monitor and analyse key performance targets and metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare, track and review monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and communicate with management
- Liaise with Marketing to develop and implement marketing strategies that will support the overarching sales strategies
- Serve as the key link of communication with key accounts and internal teams
- Be the point of escalation and resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and key accounts to maintain trusted and long-term relationships
- Stay up-to-date and contribute to new product launches and ensure that all team members are on-board and knowledgeable
- Run weekly informative, valuable and collaborative internal meetings with key stakeholders, team members and regular monthly meetings with Sales Agents and relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with the management team to collaborate new business and sales ideas
- Day to day sales and administration in the office
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven work experience and demonstrated success as a National Sales Manager, ideally within the wholesale/retail industry
- Approximately 5-10 years’ experience in a like minded role
A BSc degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- Experience managing high performance sales team that are geographically dispersed
- Proven ability managing successful internal teams
- An ability to develop, interpret and analyse sales performance metrics
Outstanding customer service and excellent negotiation skills
- A thorough understanding of holistic business operations
- Exemplary communication skills and team management skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- An in-depth understanding of effective sales strategies
- A high performing and can-do attitude
- Knowledge of CRM software (Sage would be advantageous) and the Microsoft Office Suite
Are you passionate about sales and inspiring others to achieve outstanding business results?
Are you a golf or sports enthusiast?
Then this is the job for you! Your position will play an extremely important role in driving our continued growth and success nationally.
We are looking for someone who is talented at establishing long-term strategic relationships with major suppliers, as well as having a hands-on approach with a can-do attitude. You will have the ability to make decisions and breathe new life and direction into existing brands by devising and implementing creative sales strategies.
No red tape. No corporate. Attractive salary package.
Eastern Suburbs. Onsite parking. Impressive new office space. Friendly, casual and hard-working environment with an exceptional culture.
Only honest, loyal and trustworthy people who are committed to a long-term career with an exceptional company need apply. The successful candidate will be asked to provide a police check.
Apply now with your expression of interest and resume to the Recruitment Manager, Annabel Hall.
The successful candidate will be offered an as soon as possible start date.