- Experienced golf club fitting technician
- Leadership focus with professional and elite amateur players
- Melbourne based with regular travel
Our client, Acushnet Australia, is a recognised leader in the golf industry. The home of the Titleist and FootJoy brands, they are committed to providing both avid and aspirational golfers alike with products and services of superior performance and quality.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Golf Club Fitting Technician to join the Leadership team in Australia and New Zealand. Based in Melbourne and travelling up to 30 weeks per year, you will be primarily responsible for golf club fitting and building of Titleist products on the PGA Tour of Australasia and at the elite amateur level. Working closely with the local sales team, you will also fit key players influential to local territories, along with identifying and building relationships with key professional and amateur players.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attending professional and amateur events within ANZ to fit players with new and existing products
- Travel within ANZ to work with key local players, professional and amateurs
- Building of customised golf clubs and processing of product orders generated from fittings
- Maintain industry-leading standards of product and fitting knowledge
- Assist with any maintenance, repairs and the overall general presentation of the ANZ Leadership Production and Players Waiting room
- Assist ANZ players playing on other global tours as required
- Attend key PGA or Australia Trainee or PGA Professional events
- Present at sales and Titleist brand meetings
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong golf club product knowledge including shafts
- Strong golf club fitting and building experience
- Solid knowledge of the golf swing and its relationship to club fitting
- Experience working with a golf club manufacturer in a fitting or similar role preferred
- Passion for the game of golf / golf industry
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Team player
- Solid level of computer literacy
A PGA qualification is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will present and embody the Acushnet Company and its Titleist and FootJoy brands i.e. performance golf products, exceptional quality, service orientation, fitting focus, golf authentic, trusted by golfers, market leader.
If you are highly motivated, a team player, and have demonstrated experience as outlined above, apply now.
Please send your resume and a one page cover letter outlining your relevant experience. To submit your application, please apply online using the following link. Phone enquiries to Scott Pickering on 1300 723 761 quoting reference SP1621.
Applications close Friday 6th December, 2019. Please note that this closing date is subject to change and this job posting may be removed prior to the stated date.
Please note that applicants must have the permanent legal right to work in Australia. No relocation or visa support is offered for this role.
Scopic Group has been engaged to manage the recruitment process for this position on an exclusive basis. Please contact Scott Pickering on 1300 723 761 regarding this role.
Click here to apply