Australian Golf Centre – Sandringham
There has never been a more exciting time to be involved in golf in Australia. Whether you have a handicap or enjoy a driving range session with your mates or a mini-putt session with the kids, or perhaps you’ve never played but love a challenge and recognize the unique opportunity golf offers to connect people of all ages and origins.
Australian Golf is united in the view that all golf is golf and we are well placed to leverage the recent boom that has brought hundreds of thousands of new people from all walks of life into our community in recent times.
This role is your opportunity to be part of this exciting era and to bring your skills to the fore to help us continue to grow the game.
About Golf Australia:
Golf Australia is the governing body for golf in Australia. Our goal is to raise the level of interest and participation in the game from grassroots through to elite golfers, and among fans, volunteers, and associated bodies.
About the PGA of Australia:
The PGA is the peak professional golf body in Australia providing current and future members the opportunity to maximise their career potential through access to services, programs, education, events, playing opportunities and partners.
About the Role:
The purpose of this role is to provide exceptional HR expertise to drive a high-performance culture and amazing employee experiences within Australian Golf.
Working across the PGA of Australia and Golf Australia, and collaborating closely with all National team members, external facilitators and agencies and with support from the General Management team, this individual will have the following core responsibilities:
- Managing Australian Golf’s people strategy including the design and implantation of initiatives to support the wider strategy;
- Lead processes such as performance reviews, board reporting and initiatives that support a high-performance culture within Australian Golf;
- Use initiative and creative thinking to tell Australian Golf’s story as a fun sport and place to work through internal and external platforms, best in class recruitment procedures and policy development;
- Create and update policies that support a modern workforce in line with best practice and legislative changes;
- Manage the employee experience from recruitment through to onboarding, learning & development and offboarding;
- Consult with General Managers to proactively manage people solutions and development opportunities for all team members;
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by the Chief Operating Officer
Experience in Human Resource management with a creative mindset that delivers exceptional employee experiences will be valued. This role will suit individuals with a strong growth mindset, leadership skills and understanding the importance of relationship management. Most importantly, the individual will be a highly approachable person who can flex their style and adapt as necessary.
What you will get in return:
Employment at Golf Australia will deliver a fantastic opportunity to work in a global sport and a chance to effect positive change and enhancements to the sport.
From fortnightly golf lessons, access to the high performance gym, discounted use of the driving range and golf course to walking meetings on the Himalayan Putting green, the Australian Golf Centre is a brand new facility that supports a hybrid working model to allow you to perform at your best.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the below questions:
1. What excites you about working in Australian Golf?
2. Please provide key reasons for applying for this role including how your relevant experience makes you the ideal candidate?
3. What are your salary expectations?
Note: To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- Valid Australian working rights;
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Valid WWCC or the ability to apply prior to employment commencement
Applications and any questions about the role can be sent to Sally Peers (People & Culture Coordinator) via email.