Redland Bay Golf Club is an 18 hole golf course situated on the foreshores of Moreton Bay, only 45 minutes from the Brisbane CBD. The course measures 5817m and offers players of all skill levels a genuine challenge in a picturesque and well maintained setting.
The club seeks to employ a turf industry professional with previous experience as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent. A formal qualification in turf management is required.
The successful applicant will be required to display strong leadership qualities and the ability to motivate the course staff to drive continual improvements in staff productivity and efficient work practices.
The successful applicant will also need to demonstrate the ability to undertake & comply with the following:
- Take responsibility for preparing and maintaining all aspects of the golf course and improve the course to the highest possible standard.
- A thorough knowledge of irrigation system operation, maintenance, installation and repair.
- Management of and adherence to OH+S policies and procedures.
- A comprehensive knowledge and experience in managing Bermuda 328 Greens.
- Comprehensive knowledge of turf diseases and pests.
- The ability to design programs and implement strategies for course improvement.
- The ability to present and report clearly and concisely on course activities including records relating to labour, machinery, pesticide/herbicide applications and irrigation/weather reports.
- Assist in the development and management of the annual golf course and capital works budgets.
- Encourage, supervise and direct club volunteers working on the course
This full time salaried position reports to the Club General Manager and is required to participate in committee meetings as required. The position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful applicants experience.
If you believe you have the passion, knowledge and experience to succeed in this position please send your application, including resume and any enquiries via this link.