Terrey Hills Golf & Country Club is offering a career opportunity in one of Australia’s Premier Golf Clubs. The club is seeking a full-time employee who will assist the Director of Golf with the day-to- day Golf Operations.
The position is for a person possessing excellent people skills, a sound knowledge of golf operations together with a strong retail background. The ideal applicant will work well in a team environment, but also be capable of taking initiative and working independently without supervision. Applicants should be aware that they will be required to work on weekends and public holidays on a rotating roster.
Reporting to the Director of Golf the key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the day to day management of the Golf Operations Department, including practice facilities.
- Assist in the supervision and training of golf shop staff.
- Assist in management of corporate golf days.
- Management of cart and hire equipment, competition scorecard collection and results.
- Assist with all golf course directives, rules and regulations, including dress standards.
- Ensuring compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- The provision of an outstanding level of service to our members and their guests.
The Club owns and operates the Golf Shop and therefore the successful applicant will be employed by the Club in accordance with the Hospitality Industry Award.
The person we are seeking should have the following qualities:
- Excellent personal presentation and grooming
- Solid knowledge of Micropower and Miclub systems or similar.
- Outstanding level of customer service.
- A critical thinker who is constantly considering ways of improving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and also as part of a small integrated and dynamic team.
- Be a creative, innovative and knowledgeable sales person and merchandiser with excellent organisational skills.
- To be comfortable and confident in providing direction and instructions to junior and casual team members.
- A team player who works well with other departments.
Terrey Hills offers an outstanding working environment with uniforms, lunch and parking complimentary. An annualised salary for the right person is on offer and some coaching would be available outside normal working hours for PGA members.
Please send resume with a covering letter to Ben Sinclair, Director of Golf at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 2nd February 2018.