Bexley Golf Club has a great opportunity for a motivated and dedicated turf management professional to take a lead role in maintaining all aspects of the golf course, associated gardens and manage a small team of staff.
The successful applicant will be expected to have experience in the following areas:
- Management of bent grass/ Poa annua putting greens and kikuyu based fairways;
- Organising, participating in and supervising daily course preparation activities from day to day golf course preparation, turf management, presentation, Toro irrigation system, staff rostering, approved financial budgets, W.H&S operations, plant and equipment maintenance, planning and scheduling of contractors as and when required.
- Instruction on proper and safe use of all associated course equipment;
- A thorough knowledge of turf registered pesticides and operation/supervision of pesticide application equipment in NSW. Must have a spray applicators license;
- An up-to-date knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of course operations;
- A thorough operational knowledge of the Toro irrigation system, maintenance and repair;
- Performing HR management duties such as evaluation, employee safety controls and disciplinary actions;
- Preparing clear and concise reports and maintaining effective employee, management and public relations;
Good communication skills (both written and verbal) are considered essential for this role as is knowledge of Word and Excel. The successful applicant will be required to participate in shared weekend overtime supervision and must also have a valid driver’s license.
The successful applicant shall be self- motivated, punctual and have the ability to work in all conditions. This is a permanent full time salary position with weekend work on a rotating roster whilst working in a great team environment.
If you are looking to further your career and believe you have the skill set to take on this role. Please email your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13th July.