The Board of Directors of Cammeray Golf Club, a 9-hole golf course on the lower North Shore of Sydney, seek to appoint a General Manager who has an “all-round” skill set.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading the Club forward in manner that is consistent with the Club’s Strategic plan.
Reporting to the President and Board of Directors, the successful applicant will be accountable for the effective and efficient operations of all aspects of the Club including day-to-day management, ensuring outstanding service to members and guest and effective leadership of team of dedicated administration, golf course and bar staff.
The successful applicant will also work closely with the Pro Shop and on site Caterers.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing marketing and business plans
- Meeting revenue targets while managing expenses within the approved budget thus generating profitable revenue
- Managing the approved budget
- Identify sponsorship and grant funding opportunities
- Driving cost effective marketing of the club including digital marketing and social media
- Initialise club promotions for both members and guests and build the business utilizing sustainable initiatives
- Liaising with the community to build the reputation of the club
- Dealing with all club stakeholders including Members, Council, NSW State government, contractors, employees and the broader community
- Growing the club’s membership base
- Ensuring the regulatory requirements are satisfied in a timely manner
- Effective project management of initiatives endorsed by the board
- Challenging traditional club activity to attract members and culture
- Being prepared to think “outside the box” to identify new sources of revenue
- Leading a team by example
If you are a self-motivated individual with financial and IT acumen, who is looking for a challenge please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must include a current resume and brief covering letter outlining your vision for this position.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only those applicants who are short listed will be contacted for interviews.
Applications will close on Friday, 23rd February 2018