Kooringal Golf Club is a leading sandbelt golf and entertainment destination in the West of Melbourne. It was founded in 1946 and is known for its loyal membership and innovative approach to continually improving the overall experience of members, guests and the community.
The Board of Directors is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified General Manager to lead the team, oversee all the operations of the Club, liaison between the management and Board, and deliver a great experience for the Members.
Reporting to the Board and overseeing all department heads, the primary goal of the General Manager is to ensure a sustainable and vibrant Club into the future – delivering an engaging customer experience, implementing the newly updated 5-year strategic plan, and identifying for opportunities to further enhance the Club’s position.
This will require a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges within the industry, and the experience and business acumen to drive the Club forward.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage all aspects of the club activities and operations and the relationship between the Club, the Board of Directors, members, guests, employees, community, government, sponsors, suppliers and the golf industry
- Develop, coordinate and administer all Club policies and procedures
- Implement the recently updated 5-year strategic plan
- Direct the activities of all Department Managers
- Maintain actual and budgeted financial and cash flow management and
- Ensure that the Board is appropriately informed on a regular and timely basis (monthly and as needed basis) with sufficient information in agreed upon report format
- Implement and monitor the quality of all club services and ensure maximum member and guest satisfaction
- Secure and protect club assets including all facilities and equipment
Communicate effectively with Members, employees, other stakeholders and the public
- Develop and maintain high employee morale, lead by example, and remain open to feedback and learning
To be the successful candidate, you will have a minimum 5 years experience in a senior management role preferably within the hospitality/gaming/sporting sector.Well versed in, and with an up to date knowledge of governance procedures and pitfalls, you are able to fully engage with the Board.You will have a demonstrable knowledge of member growth and engagement
strategies and the ability to drive the Club and strategy.
Furthermore, you will have a sound understanding of a service culture, and meeting members needs and requirements. A first-class knowledge of business finance is essential (CPA or equivalent will be well considered), as is a sound knowledge of gaming. It is also important to note that the successful candidate will be required to hold a Gaming License (Victorian Commission for Gambling & Liquor Regulation). The Club can provide assistance in this regard.
Tertiary qualifications and a track record in golf will be highly regarded, however applicants with other club based experiences will not be ruled out for consideration.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must include your current resume and a brief cover letter outlining your claims to the position. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Specific questions and applications are to be forwarded to Ben Manning, via email@example.com. We ask that cover letters are kept to one page and that resumes are no more than three pages in length.
Applications close on Monday the 5th February, COB.