Shepparton Golf Club, country Victoria’s #1 golf club is seeking the services of a highly motivated PGA Professional to fill the role of Head Teaching/Assistant Professional.
Located just 5 kms from the city centre of Shepparton along the natural sand banks of the Goulburn River, Shepparton Golf Club offers an opportunity to access a huge sports minded community to grow an already established coaching business. The golf course is playable all year round and is a major attraction for many golfers throughout Victoria and New South Wales.
Our club boasts a healthy growing membership base and markets to an annual audience which attracts new membership providing growth to the club. The club already provides a strong coaching program which caters to golfers of all ages and abilities.
Coaching duties will include but are not limited to;
- Operate all lessons and instructional programs at the facility
- Identify and implement new ventures and programs
- Game improvement & tailored programs
- Coordination of the Clubs Junior program
Duties and responsibilities in golf operations will include;
- General pro shop duties
- Manage pro shop operations in the absence of the GOM
- Assist with marketing/ promoting of the facility
- Daily opening and closing procedures as required
- Sound knowledge of custom club fitting and club repairs
- Assist in sales of associated brands and product lines
To be considered for this position applicants must possess the following;
- Full PGA Membership (Certified Status highly regarded)
- Understanding of an online golf system (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to follow procedures
- Sound computer skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Passion for coaching and game development
The successful applicant will also require, or be in the process of obtaining;
- Current Working with Children Check
- First aid Certificate
- RSA License
The benefits of our already established coaching program include;
- Complete online promotional web page and booking system
- Current data base of 500+ active clients
- Access to over 1,000 data base entries
- Access to thousands of online platform connections
- Exclusive on site promotion and signage
- Guarantee coaching income from week 1
This position is a great opportunity for a PGA professional seeking to gain experience in a professionally run Golf shop, and a position which will foster coaching and teaching experiences in a supportive
The successful applicant will be employed on a permanent part time basis of approximately 20+ hours per week which will include some weekend and public holiday work. The role will report directly to our
Golf Operations Manager
Remuneration for rostered hours will be as per Clubs & Licensed Clubs Award and the agreed rates as per experience. Coaching outside of rostered hours will see a 90% return of coaching income.
For further information, please contact Golf Operations Manager Darren
Rodgers on 0438 421 362.
Applications including a cover letter (1 page) and resume (3 pages max) should be forwarded to;
The General Manager Mr Gary Dixon firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 16th February at 5:00pm with the desired start date being late February.