An exciting opportunity is now available for a Senior Golf Professional. This position would be ideal for a person who is currently in a similar role or who is ready to take that next step in their career. This is a key role within the new Golf Operations structure.
The Club has a full suite of practice facilities. These include a 250m undercover driving range with grass and artificial turf surfaces, a 100m short practice range, chipping green, putting green and practice nets.
Together with the Golf Operations Manager, the Senior Golf Professional will be responsible for the management of all golf related services, including member and visitor play, golf operations, retail, tuition programs (specifically women and junior clinics) and corporate, competition and social golf events.
- Daily golf operations including timesheet and competition management;
- Merchandising the Pro shop;
- Leading the staff in providing quality customer service;
- All teaching and club fitting services;
- Managing and delivering all Club and corporate competitions.
Experience and qualifications:
- Full Vocational Certified PGA Member;
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills;
- Have a strong work ethic;
- Coaching skills across all areas including: juniors, women, beginners, clinics and group sessions;
- Strong knowledge of custom club fitting and repairs;
- Using social media to promote our products, services and themselves to our growing customer base;
- Experience in MiClub systems would be an advantage;
- Working with vulnerable people certification.
Please note, Federal Golf Club has entered into a commercial agreement with an Over 55 Residential Living developer and operator to establish an Over 55 Independent Living Village on around six hectares of its lease. This project, valued at over $100 million is currently under consideration by the ACT Government. An information statement Is available upon request.
All applications with a cover letter should be emailed to the General Manager, Scott Elias, firstname.lastname@example.org Please make it clear in your application which position you are applying for.
Applications close on Friday 17th August.