Who we are
Nelson Bay Golf Club was founded in 1961 and is a busy 27-hole championship golf club generating circa 85,000 rounds of golf annually. Located on the outskirts of the Tomaree National Park in the heart of Nelson Bay, just minutes from the Nelson Bay CBD, our golf course is supported by a purpose-built clubhouse that accommodates a wide variety of events and socialising, this makes us the ideal destination for short breaks, family holidays, corporate golf days, social golf group destinations, weddings, or conferences.
Nelson Bay GC is a strong member and community-based club with an annual turnover of approximately $5M. This is supported by a strong golf membership of 1200 golfing members and a further 7000 social members. The Club takes pride in supporting the local community by participating in events and it also hosts its own golfing and social events throughout the year for all ages and golfing abilities.
The contracted Golf Professional is retiring after an amazing 30+ years as Head Professional, and the Club will bring the full golf operations in-house from November 2024.
This role will be expected to commence in July 2024.
Who we are seeking
The position is ideal for someone seeking a senior management position in the golf industry. The successful applicant will have great knowledge of the golf industry and/or practices and be willing to learn and develop their skills to progress their career and personal development.
High standards of customer service are essential for this role along with proven management skillsets. This person needs to be a team player whilst possessing the skills to work as an individual. They will take pride in their work and continually set high standards for the club and their peers.
What the position entails
This position is for a full-time Director of Golf who will be engaged by the Club. This person will provide oversight of all golf and professional staff. The position’s overall objective is to manage and supervise the daily delivery of Golf Operations to the standards as determined by the Board of Directors and General Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Golf will be responsible for all day-to-day golf operations and will display a flexible approach to work hours and a willingness to be hands-on in managing events and/or issues as they arise. The role will include golfing with members on occasion.
The role exists to deliver strong financial, commercial, and people leadership across the golf operations, ultimately enabling a profitable and sustainable business model.
Nelson Bay Golf Club has commenced plans for a smooth transition from our current contracted Professional Shop operation to a club-run operation. Our priority is to ensure existing staff, members, and social golfers have a seamless transition to the club-run business model.
Plans are underway for a golf shop renovation in 2025. These plans include maximising the current shop layout from a merchandising and operational perspective, introducing and improving the current F&B offerings and capitalise on average sales ensuring profitability for the Professional Shop.
Implement policies as established by the Board of Directors, General Manager, and Golf Committee for the management and administration of the Club’s golf operations and facilities.
- Financial management of golf operations for budgeting, forecasting, and implementation of capital replacement programs.
- Ensure that an appropriate range of golf equipment, apparel, and accessories is available for sale to members and visitors to the club through the Pro Shop.
- Stock control and merchandising.
- Management of bookings for members, social golf, social clubs, and corporate/charity days.
- Assistance in managing golf membership as determined by management and the Board of Directors.
- Liaise with the Course Superintendent and General Manager regarding agronomic practices being implemented.
- Oversight and management of golf cart fleet (currently 45 but will increase).
- Oversight and management of club repairs.
- Management of daily operations, including but not limited to timesheet management, course marshaling, social play, starting, presentations, accurate processing of members and guest handicaps, competition management, and member accounts.
- Regular reporting to Club management regarding golf activities.
- Ensure department and work environment meet WHS requirements.
- Attend monthly Golf Course and Match Committee meetings.
- Management and business development with Social Clubs and Corporate Golf Events.
- Undertake external marketing, primarily for, membership, corporate and social golf in coordination with existing marketing plans.
- Management of Golf Operations’ staff (approx. 7-10 people) which includes, training, rosters, HR-related matters, and recruitment.
- Maintenance of all scoreboards, notice boards, and score or golf event notice areas.
- Maintenance of timesheets (MiClub) and other digital platforms that require golfing information or communication.
- Coordination of the Club’s coaching programs including management of Junior and Ladies Development Programs as well as pennant teams.
- PGA Qualification
- Ideally with advanced status with Management and/or Small Business.
- Able to work a Full-Time roster which includes weekend hours.
- Experience & Qualification:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in business & administration; and/or
- Minimum 3 years experience as Golf Manager or DoG;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have held a similar position elsewhere and be able to demonstrate success in all areas of responsibility and management.
- Demonstrated business acumen within a busy golf environment.
- Proven ability in managing and directing staff.
- Must have a general understanding of all Microsoft applications and be computer literate.
- Possess strong communication and organisation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of current trends in club operations and the golf industry.
- Previous experience in using MiClub and SENPOS.
- Previous experience with club fitting & coaching.
- Previous experience in clubhouse operations such as F&B, marketing, finance and strategic planning.
Please provide a CV with a Cover Letter addressing the above Selection Criteria to Mike via the tab below by COB 11th February 2024.
For more information about the Club, please visit their website.
*Sorry no phone calls will be taken at this time and all applicants must already have a right to work in Australia.