The Coast Golf and Recreation Club is situated 12 km south of the Sydney CBD and 8 km east of the airport. The course is a Par 70 oceanfront links design that surrounds Little Bay, Sydney’s southernmost metropolitan beach. The Coast has 850 members with 30,000 competition rounds played and total rounds in excess of 55,000 per annum.
The Club has made significant improvements to the golf facilities over the past five years including an irrigation upgrade, fairway drainage, improved cart path network and a new cart fleet of 45 vehicles with GPS.
The Club is transitioning from a contracted professional agreement to running golf services internally and is seeking to employ an enthusiastic and committed professional as Director of Golf to run all aspects of the Golf Operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Golf will be an integral member of the senior leadership team responsible for the effective management of all Golf Operations including member services, golf shop sales and staff management. This is a senior role with excellent working conditions and represents a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate.
- Manage the golf department resources in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Implement Club procedures and work cohesively with Club Management and Committees.
- Management of all golf operations, including member, public and corporate golf rounds.
- Development and implementation of merchandising budgets and sales plans.
- Manage all aspects of retail golf supplier contracts.
- Maintain the Pro Shop at a high standard of presentation and provide a range of golf equipment and apparel.
- Recruitment, training and rostering of golf operations staff.
- Management of timesheets/competitions/result reporting
- Management of motorised cart fleet including cleaning, storage and maintenance.
- Develop and oversee golf instruction, competitive golf fixtures, pennants, clinics and player development programs.
- Yearly Planning – Prepare and regularly review the business plan for golf operations
- Demonstrated management experience displaying strong business acumen and senior experience in Golf facility operations.
- Excellent personal presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with a high regard for service culture.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a successful and profitable golf retail operation.
- Flexibility in work hours with weekend work essential to this role.
- PGA Professional accreditation will be considered positively but is not essential.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate, multi-task and complete work assignments within deadlines;
The successful applicant will enjoy a vibrant club atmosphere and an appropriate remuneration package. Some teaching opportunities may be available but are not integral to the primary role.
Applications are to include a Cover Letter,addressing all criteria, and resume submitted via link below by 16 May 2021.
Attention: Mike Orloff, Golf Recruitment Consultant, Golf Industry Central.
*Phone calls will not be accepted at this time. All candidates will be notified of their progress in due course of the application process.