Experience the region’s premier golf, hospitality and entertainment venue The Ballarat Golf Club.
Australia’s oldest continually played course, The Ballarat Golf Club, has a long and proud history spanning back to 1895. The championship course has been redesigned by Thomson Perrett, with state-of-the-art practice facilities, which provide an outstanding experience for golfers of all levels.
The course has ranked amongst the top 100 public access courses in Australia by Golf Australia magazine in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. The clubhouse is a popular choice for hospitality options such as weddings, functions, and events.
Located in beautiful Victoria, the Club is only a 1.5-hour drive west of the Melbourne airport and has 900 golfing members in all categories and has a very active 1800 social members.
The General Manager will be responsible for directing and managing the club in line with the organisational objectives set by the Board, and to meet the club’s vision to be recognised as the premier golf club in country Victoria.
The General Manager will also ensure the Club is commercially oriented and viable in the long term through the provision of high-quality and cost-effective services to members and guests.
Ballarat Golf Club is now searching for applicants that are highly experienced with a hospitality mindset to become their next General Manager.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- High-level leadership qualities with ongoing mentorship and guidance to staff with a focus on providing quality products and customer service to members and guests.
- Sound knowledge of marketing across all mediums.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills ensuring a service-focused environment for members, guests, and staff.
- Operational excellence in all business areas of the club including food, beverage, gaming, golf, events, functions and member service.
- Financial management experience including but not limited to setting and achievement of KPI’s for business and staff, budgeting, achieving budget, cost control, revenue and profit generation.
- Prior experience in delivering key strategic planning objectives from inception to completion within agreed timeframes and budgets.
Applicants must have:
- Core skills in the hospitality and gaming sectors.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in management at a senior level.
- A commitment to customer service at all levels.
- Knowledge of the legal and compliance obligations of the Club
- Sound financial management knowledge.
- Sound marketing knowledge across all mediums.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity in performing their duties.
- Must have current certificates for compliance with all VCGLR requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, together with well-developed computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of golf administration and golf course operations is preferred.
How to apply:
For more information on Ballarat Golf Club, please visit the website.
Applications will strictly close on 30 May 2021
*Sorry no phone calls will be taken at this time and all applicants must already have a right to work in Australia. All applicants will be notified of their status by 5 June 2021.