Bankstown Golf Club
Bankstown Golf Club recently conducted a review of its operations and identified the need to recruit and appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Golf Operations Manager to build on our focus of being the premier destination in South-Western Sydney for golfing, recreation and community engagement.
Located in the suburb of Milperra, Bankstown Golf Club maintains a strong reputation as a beautifully prepared and challenging 18-hole golf course. Member owned and financially stable, it is supported by an approximately 1500m2 club house that contains in house catering and a variety of gaming options and provides a wide range of coaching and teaching options through our course professional and his team. Currently the membership of the club is in excess of 850 persons with almost 750 of those being playing members. We provide in excess of 1000 rounds of golf on a weekly basis.
Reporting to the General Manager and working collaboratively with the resident Golf Professional, the Golf Operations Manager will work at a strategic level to efficiently and effectively manage the day-to-day Golf and related Club operations. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, an excellent communicator, and passionate about exceptional service standards and experience.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Manage and maximise the use of Bankstown Golf Clubs golf course
- Promote and manage club membership; and manage the Junior Golf Academy
- Develop the Annual Golf Calendar in consultation with the Course Professional and Course Superintendent; and oversee its implementation.
- Identify and secure rewarding and cost-effective experiences for golfers, within budgetary constraints
- Promote Bankstown Golf Club for elite level golfing events; and manage associated arrangements
- Develop and implement systems of management for the selection to and running of representative teams and related events
- Promote and manage golfing packages and social group bookings
- Continuously engage with sponsors, donors and other stakeholders to promote the club and optimise their support for golf events, and Club golf initiatives
- Foster ways in which Bankstown Golf Club can be of supportive and inclusive service to the community.
NOTE: The incumbent will be required to work weekends on a regular basis.
It is expected that you will possess the following Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- Sound management and leadership skills with experience managing a membership environment
- Experience in all aspects of competition golf management and administration (using MiClub/associated software)
- Experience in planning and execution of Corporate Golf Days
Membership of the PGA is desirable.
For more Information:
Please contact Chris McCarthy (General Manager)
Applications close 4pm Friday 18th June 2021 – APPLY HERE