A great opportunity exists for a motivated and professional Golf Operations Supervisor to join our team in the Pro Shop and lead the team!
About the Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club is one of Australia’s most prestigious golf clubs. It provides a supportive workplace that values hard work, talent, enthusiasm and respect for traditions. It is recognized nationally and internationally for its world class facilities which include two golf courses, 18 tennis courts, bowling greens, croquet lawns, squash courts, a gym, pools, cafes, a fine dining restaurant, accommodation rooms and multiple function rooms.
What will I be doing?
An opportunity exists to join the Sport Operations team in the role of full-time Golf Operations Supervisor. We are seeking a natural people leader with strong administration skills and golf industry experience. This supervisory role is operationally hands on, so you must be a pro-active go getter. Reporting to the Golf Operations Manager and working closely with the Director of Golf and greater operational team you will be exposed to all aspects of a high level operation including:
- the supervision of the Club’s daily golf operations
- ensure exceptional service is delivered to members at all times
- set an example of leadership for junior staff
- work closely with departments to coordinate and run member events
- uphold and assist with development of operational policies, procedures; and
- assist with rostering as required
- assist with retail operations
What does the Club need from me?
- A passion for golf and excellence in customer service.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing, leading and developing front line employees
- Experience in managing performance of staff for productive outcomes
- Strong administration skills
- Strong experience and knowledge within the golf industry
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Proficient in MiClub (preferred), and experience in inventory and stock control systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude in order to ensure the service provided to members and their guests is of the highest standard at all times
- Proven background in providing the highest level of customer experience
- Retail and club-fitting experience beneficial
- Flexibility with the ability to work on weekends (roster Tuesdays to Saturdays);
- Unlimited working rights in Australia
What we will offer you
- Competitive salary and access to staff fund (bonus)
- Access to training and development
- Free daily staff meals
- Uniform supplied
- Access to sporting facilities
- 20% discount on wine and sporting goods
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume along with a covering letter outlining why you are the best candidate for the role.