The KPMG Golf Benchmark team have published their annual golf participation study – the Golf Participation Report for Europe 2019 provides data on the supply and demand trends for more than 40 European countries.
At the same time, KPMG Golf Benchmark have launched the interactive Golf Participation Platform, a market intelligence tool, which provides industry stakeholders with invaluable figures on the supply and demand trends of the European golf business from 2015.
KPMG’s annual report reveals that the European golf market remained stable in 2018, with no substantial changes in the overall supply and demand figures.
The overall participation rate for Europe has remained stable since 2015. In fact, when taking a closer look at Europe’s golf markets, 54.5% of local golf associations indicated that the level of participation in their country in 2018 had either stabilized or increased. The remaining 45.5% of European markets experienced some decline, including prominent markets such as England, Scotland and the Scandinavian countries.
The research shows that the number of registered golfers decreased slightly, by 0.6% (-24,396), while the number of affiliated golf courses in Europe remained stable (-3).
Based on our survey, the gender distribution of registered golfers in Europe is constant, 68% of them are male, 25% female and 7% are junior.
As with previous reports, we have analyzed the relevant data compiled directly from the respective golf associations across 46 countries on the continent.
The key highlights of our annual report are available in PDF format upon registration and free of charge.
This year we have complemented the launch of our report with the creation of a new interactive platform powered by Microsoft Power BI, which allows interested parties to analyze the current and historical results of our participation study in an interactive and dynamic fashion.