South Melbourne (until July 2021)
Sandringham (from August 2021)
Salary: $80,000 – $85,000 (inclusive of superannuation)
About Golf Australia:
Golf Australia is the governing body for golf in Australia.
Our goal is to raise the level of interest and participation in the game from grass roots through to elite golfers, to fans, volunteers and associated bodies. Our key responsibilities include ensuring clubs and facilities remain healthy, developing programs and opportunities to engage as many people as possible into the game, conducting events including the Australian Opens, and managing the Rules of Golf and the national handicap system.
About the Role:
Golf Australia exists to grow the game of golf to maximise the benefits the sport provides to current and future golfers, golf facilities and the Australian community.
The role will be required to undertake key accounting tasks in line with internal and external compliance obligations, whilst working effectively within the Finance and Corporate Service teams.
Collaborating closely with the finance team and with support from the Financial Controller, this individual will have the following core responsibilities:
– Complete month end reporting procedures for Golf Australia and associated entities in all jurisdictions
– Manage intercompany accounting and reconciliation, and ensure overseas changes are supported
– Support and manage various accounting processes within the organisation
– Contribute to the preparation of the Company’s statutory financial reports to meet compliance
– Assist with the completion of internal/ external reporting requirements
– Contribute to requirements of internal and external audits
– Design and develop required reporting
The position is a diverse and hands-on role that will work closely within the Finance and Corporate Services teams.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced accountant that has:
– Tertiary qualifications in Accounting / Finance
– Experience in financial reporting and taxation is essential
– Experience with Excel and ERP systems
– Skilled interpersonal and time management skills
– Experienced capacity to work to tight deadlines and deliver requirements
– Expert level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office
– Skilled communication skills, both written and verbal
– Dedication to work in a team environment
– Self-initiated and willingness to learn and grow
What you will get in return:
Employment at Golf Australia will deliver a fantastic opportunity to work in a global sport and a chance to effect positive change and enhancements to the sport.
In July 2021, Golf Australia headquarters will be based at the Australian Golf Centre – a brand new purpose-built High-Performance facility, which will include state-of-the-art workspaces, free gym and discounted driving range and green fee access.
Golf Australia’s values of Service Driven, Diverse & Inclusive, Excellence, Fun, Dynamic and Team ensure a supportive culture that is flexible and inclusive for all individuals to thrive.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the email address below.
Note: you must have Australian working rights and current valid drivers license to be considered for this opportunity
Applications and any questions can be made to Daniel Simons (People & Culture Manager) via email: email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday 16 May, 2021.