Located in Melbourne’s South East, within 25mins of the CBD, Huntingdale GC, a private member’s Club is seeking an active and engaging Function Manager. The Club has a strategic plan to build functions. Our Club is open 7 days a week and the Function Manager focus is to drive member and external events such as conferences, special occasions and weddings, whilst supporting our Food & Beverage team as required. The role will also assist in the marketing and promotions of the Club to members and guests.
The Function Manager will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in hospitality and running events with a customer first approach. Depending on events weekend work will be required as part of the position with some early starts and evening events.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years-experience in hospitality essential
- Evidence of organization and management of high-end events management
- Evidence of strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Excellent observation skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- While not essential, a background working in private member clubs.
- Tertiary Qualification highly regarded
- Food & Beverage operations highly desirable
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring from enquiry to delivery that functions are achieved at high level of satisfaction
- Have a personal approach to functions with a high level of engagement
- Be able to provide timely information to Head Chef and Food & Beverage team
- Financial understanding of events with invoicing, forecasting and budgeting
- Monthly and yearly functions targets
- Marketing and promotion of events
The Function Manager is a full-time salary position.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you – we want to hear from you. Please ensure you apply with a cover letter telling us why you are the person for the job!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted