Maroochy River Golf Club has had a long and proud history in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast Formerly known as Horton Park Golf Club, it moved to its new home in 2015 with the iconic Mt Coolum as a spectacular background.
Maroochy River is an all-purpose golf complex, offering a unique links-style course, superb practice facilities, a world-class mini-golf course, a well-stocked pro shop, and a modern clubhouse with an outstanding bar and bistro facilities.
An exciting opportunity is now available to join the club’s senior management team as our Operations Manager. We are seeking a candidate with a mix of the right experience, a passion for golf administration, and a commitment to outstanding customer service.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager’s responsibility is to manage the day-to-day aspects of golf, mini-golf and clubhouse golf-related activities.
The Operations Manager is an integral member of the senior management team and, as such, is responsible for the delivery of customer service excellence while consistently exceeding member and guest expectations.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (But not limited to)
- Manage the Club’s daily golf operations.
- Manage the development and implementation of programmes to promote the Club through all available avenues.
- Assume the General Manager’s duties in his/her absence.
- Carry out induction sessions with newly appointed staff and volunteers.
- Assist in developing ideas and initiatives to improve the Club’s profitability and customer service standards.
- Manage the operation of the administrative systems including Golf, IT, point of sale equipment, inventory and cash control.
- Manage subscription renewals and all membership-related activities.
- Perform other duties as directed by the General Manager.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- A strong understanding and passion for golf are desirable, including competition and timesheet management, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Experience within an office environment, food & beverage, and marketing is highly desirable.
- A high level of computer literacy particularly in the Windows environment. Previous experience with the MiClub and Micropower programs would be advantageous.
- Exceptional communication skills alongside a high level of customer service and the ability to relate to a diverse group of people.
- A sound understanding of financial and payroll systems.
The successful candidate would be required to hold RSA and RSG Statement of Attainment and Queensland Government Blue Card. Previous experience in a similar role is essential and any other business tertiary education is advantageous.
REMUNERATION AND HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position is a salaried position. Preparedness to work busy trading periods – preferable Tuesdays to Saturdays and some after-hours (support General Manager, Bar Manager and Head Chef for Major Golf Days, Functions, Corporate days etc.)
Applications or questions are invited from suitably qualified candidates and should be forwarded via the tab below to:
Charlie McGill – General Manager with the subject line “I’m your Operations Manager”.
Applications close Monday 3rd May 2021 at 5.00pm
Job Start Date: ASAP