Cairns Golf Club is the largest club in Far North Qld and is located 7km from the Cairns CBD, 70km from Port Douglas with access to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Atherton Tablelands.
The club possesses a modern 18 hole championship golf course and is the only Club in the region with a 20 bay Day & Night (under floodlight’s) 275m Driving Range. 2x Putting Greens and a basic short game area are also available for use.
The Club is in a solid financial state and is continuing to grow and invest in its future. Peak golfing season runs from Easter through December, but with the closure of Paradise Palms 18 months ago, the facility is busy all year round.
We are seeking to appoint a PGA Teaching Professional to provide service to the 750+ Members and guests which make up over 45,000 rounds played on the course each year and a growing driving range market.
This unique and rare opportunity will see the successful applicant with a large pre-existing Clinic programs in place with 7 x MyGolf Classes per week, 2 -3 Womens Get into Golf classes on top of many other opportunities. There is currently a waiting list for lessons at the facility with the anticipated number of individual lessons to be conducted each week to be 25-30, all year round. There are minimal PGA Professionals in the region so this is a golden opportunity to coach not just Cairns Golf Club Members and guests, but also players from around the entire region.
Club staff assist in the organising and promotion of Clinics allowing the PGA Professional to concentrate on providing first class coaching. The Club is moving to an online booking systems to make it even easier for bookings and availability. Other opportunities exist with Mens Intro Clinics as well as almost un-serviced MyGolf Sporting Schools program. If your passion is to coach, we want to hear from you! If you like to get paid for what you love to do, we want to hear from you!
The successful applicant for this position must be a PGA Member, ideally with a Certified status under the PGA’s ACE Program, preferably being advanced in a relevant ACE stream (Coaching and/or Game Development) as an indicator of engagement in ongoing training and development. The applicant must be well presented, honest and reliable, organised, self-motivated with a good work ethic and has a willingness to learn, and display good communication skills.
The coaching component (contracted) will include the following:
- Unlimited earning potential through coaching with flexibility to coach when you choose
- Junior golf – Development and coordination of junior golf programs within the region.
- Provide private tuition for club members, visitors, men’s and ladies clinics and our large MyGolf junior program (80+ each term). Opportunity to coach in schools around the region.
- Regularly play golf with club members and attend presentations, social activities etc. (when possible).
- ssist in the promotion of the club and its facilities.
- Club fitting using Flightscope.
Should the successful applicant need greater security, a golf shop position (employed) will be offered as a permanent part-time or casual role with the following operations forming part of the responsibilities of the pro-shop:
- The collection of green fees, cart hire fees, beverage revenue.
- Administration of club competitions – responsible for educating and enforcing the etiquette and rules of golf and so assist members to enjoy the game.
- The collection of competition entry fees for both member events and district tournaments.
- Maintain and manage the day-to-day operations of the golf carts.
- Starting and coordinating competition fields.
Minimum Opening Hours
7 days a week from 6am to 7pm, options for later trade for Lessons on Driving Range.
- Ability to teach and retain 90% of individual coaching and up to 100% of the revenue from junior clinics. The facility will provide technology, marketing and the use of the driving range balls.
- Additional revenue opportunities include Sporting Schools Clinics.
- With the expected 25 individual lessons ($90 p/h) combined with 7 MyGolf Clinics and 2 Women’s Clinics per week, it is anticipated that the successful applicant will earn in excess of $100,000 per annum.
Employed Pro-Shop role (if required):
- To be in line with the Registered and Licensed Clubs Award on a Permanent Part Time basis with hours to be discussed with successful applicant. $25.00 Base rate with penalty rates applied for weekend and Public Holidays. (Primary income will be derived from coaching)
- Sales incentives paid from all golf shop sales (excluding alcohol) with commissions paid monthly
For more Information or a confidential discussion, please contact Matt Bolton (General Manager) on 0419 780 597.
To be negotiated with the successful applicant with a preference to start as soon as possible to be ready for Term 2 MyGolf sessions in Mid April 2021.