Bonville Golf Resort is currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Restaurant Manager to lead our food and beverage department.
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the restaurant, function rooms, bars and provision of services for our functions and events.
The successful applicant must demonstrate proven supervisory/management experience, financial management and budgeting, a superior knowledge of food and beverage operations and product knowledge and must be able to motivate , train and lead staff through a combination of sound planning ability, excellent communication skills and a friendly and ‘hands on’ work ethic.
This is a hands-on role where floor service is a must and you will enjoy working on the front line where you can interact with and serve people and build and harness positive relationships with our customers.
We appreciate that we have not achieved our award winning success without the support of our customers and that the relationship we have with our customers is incredibly important. So naturally it is our expectation that the Restaurant Manager will work tirelessly to encourage an environment that creates repeat business by developing a team that delivers exceptional customer service and gives our customers the best possible service at every point of contact they have with us.
You will be successful at reading our customers’ needs, exceeding their expectations by going above and beyond and having an innate ability to put our customers first and at the centre of everything you do.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Restaurant setting according to daily requirements, procedures and guidelines
- Meet, greet, seat and farewell guests
- Take orders, serve and clear tables
- Supervision, training and coordination of all Restaurant staff
- On the job training of Restaurant staff according to restaurant procedures, policies, checklists and guidelines
- Coordinate and supervise the quality, presentation and service of food and beverage
- Promote the Resort facilities to potential clients in particular the Restaurant and Function facilities
- Communicate with Management regarding any problems or changes needed with service
- Maintain hygienic food handling practices and ensure the cleanliness of all Restaurant facilities and equipment at all times
- Balance the register at the end of the shift ensuring a high level of accuracy and honesty
- Ordering and stock control of Restaurant disposables
- Conduct shift briefings and regularly communicate with Restaurant and Kitchen staff throughout the shift and maintain good relations
- Monitor staffing levels and manage rosters efficiently in accordance with the company’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement
- Monitor Restaurant costs and budgets
This is a full time salaried position. You will be flexible to work an irregular work schedule, including evenings, consistent weekends and during our busiest periods. In return you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits, uniforms, ongoing support and training and an attractive living and working environment.
Whilst we have obvious expectations that a professional at a managerial level has demonstrated experience as detailed above, finding the person with the right attitude is more important than aptitude.
If you think this opportunity suits you, apply in writing to the General Manager.
Company Name: Bonville Golf Resort