Moore Park Golf (MPG) and Clublinks Management Pty Ltd ACN 099 690 301 (Clublinks) are offering an exciting business opportunity for companies to provide golf coaching services by PGA qualified instructors. We are looking to engage with an additional two companies to operate their own businesses within the Sydney Golf Academy (SGA) based at Moore Park Golf, for an initial period of 1 year (with an option period for a further term, to be exercised at the discretion of MPG and Clublinks).
On offer to successful companies is the opportunity for them to build a profitable and sustainable coaching business at one of Australia’s leading and most progressive golf venues.
Clublinks delivers expert solutions to clients across the leisure, golf and residential community industries. We are a nimble and agile company with an incredibly strong record of improving our clients’ objectives, financial results and achievements. Adopting company values of “Stand Out”, “Be Awesome”, “Speak Up” and “Get *#it Done” we are not afraid to be different and provide innovative solutions to deliver success.
Clublinks has managed Moore Park Golf, Sydney’s premier Golf entertainment complex on behalf of the Centennial Parklands Trust, since 2009. Each year Moore Park Golf has over 15 million golf balls hit on the driving range, 60,000 rounds of golf played and 17,000 golf coaching experiences; Moore Park is a one stop shop golfing destination.
Located just minutes from the CBD, MPG has been the home of public golf in Sydney since 1913. It is one of the busiest golf facilities in Australia as highlighted by the following key business metrics:
- 60,000 rounds of golf per annum;
- 20,000 Club member rounds per annum;
- 15 million driving range balls hit per annum;
- 17,000 unique golf coaching experiences per annum;
- 40 golf carts;
- $1M in SGA revenue per annum.
In recent years the Trust has invested significantly in improving facilities to enhance the golfing experience and further expand its golf entertainment footprint within the Sydney market.
The SGA was introduced in 2012 and operates from the bottom level of the MPG driving range (day and night) and has since become Australia’s most popular destination for golf tuition, with projections of more than 18,000 individual coaching experiences expected for the 2019/20 financial year.
The facilities and services supporting the SGA include:
- SGA Coordinator to oversee the business and its operations.
- MPG acts as a booking agent for golf lessons delivered by independent contractors, Golf lessons are able to be booked either via phone or directly online via the MPG and SGA websites.
- Independent contractors delivering lessons via two dedicated coaching bays on the bottom level of our 3 level weather protected, day/night driving range
- Limited access to the 18 hole championship quality golf course for on-course lessons
- Use of motorised golf carts for lesson purposes
- Use of the oversize short game area with bunkers and access to the putting green
- All-inclusive administration & lesson booking services delivered by experienced MPG personnel, via best practice online bookings and promoted through marketing/CRM systems
- Strategic business and marketing oversight provided by highly experienced MPG and Clublinks executives.
Expression of Interest applicants will be assessed against the following criteria (list is not exhaustive and criteria are not listed in any order of priority or weighting):
- Business experience in golf instruction and proven track record;
- Qualifications and competencies held by key staff/team members (including but not limited to PGA accreditation or similar, Working with Children checks, Police check, First Aid);
- Corporate structure and ownership
- Business systems adopted including but not limited to technology systems i.e. coaching technology;
- Work Health & Safety (WHS) protocols and
- Marketing and business development experience.
The intent of the EOI process is to enable applicants to provide sufficient suitable information to convince the assessment panel that their business has sufficient experience, expertise and capability to be considered further for a possible coaching contract within the Sydney Golf Academy at Moore Park Golf.