EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Golf Professional Services (Contractor or employee) – Casino Golf Club (NSW)
Casino Golf Club located in Northern Rivers NSW, 1.5 hrs SW of the Gold Coast, has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate golf professional(s) to become involved in delivering golf professional services for its 450 golfing and 1500 social members.
We are currently open to negotiating either a contractor relationship or the applicant can become an employee of the club.
Casino Golf Club has over 12,500 competition rounds and 10,000 social rounds played each year.
If you are a passionate and enthusiastic golf professional that believes you can deliver contemporary and innovative programs to grow participation and physical activity within our club, then we encourage you to submit an expression of interest for these services.
Expression of Interest applicants will be assessed against the following criteria (list is not exhaustive and criteria are not listed in any order of priority or weighting):
- Business experience in golf operations, golf instruction with a proven track record;
- Qualifications and competencies held by key staff/team members (including but not limited to PGA accreditation or similar, Working with Children checks, Police check, First Aid);
- Adequate Insurance coverage;
- Business systems adopted including but not limited to technology systems i.e. coaching technology;
- Work Health & Safety (WHS) protocols and
- Marketing and business development experience.
As an employee or contractor the following requirements will apply:
- Oversee the management and performance of all golf shop and applicable department operations and services, assuring high standards and total customer satisfaction.
- Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
- Develop plans and strategies with GM for continual improvement of the golf operations department, resource allocations and personnel both short and long term.
- Responsible for a workplace culture that fosters both team and individual achievement for up to x staff.
- Manage the department resources in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Build collaborative working relationships with other departments.
- Meet, greet and welcome prospective members via the Club’s membership program.
- Develop and oversee golf instruction, competitive golf fixtures, pennants, clinics and player development programs.
- Proven management record within the golf industry of exceptional levels of service and personnel management practices;
- Prior members golf club and/or high-end customer experience is advantageous;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, budget and manage an expanding operation;
- Proven experience in managing staff and budgets and providing inspirational leadership;
- Minimally hold a recognised qualification in golf management and/or hospitality;
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with people in a variety of circumstance from various backgrounds;
- Possess a thorough, organised and detail-oriented approach to work with strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate, multi-task and complete work assignments within deadlines;
- Valid driver’s license and qualified to work full time within Australia;
The Pro Shop hours of operation will primarily be between the hours of 7am and 4.30pm seven days a week. Seasonal adjustments may be made to these times by agreement.
Pro Shop Sales and Services:
- Build a relationship between the Pro and the Clubs members
- Develop and maintain a welcoming experience towards members and visitors.
- Sell an appropriate range of golf apparel and equipment.
- Stock a range of snack food and non-alcoholic refreshments.
- Maintain and up-date the Club website in relation to golf matters.
- Maintain a suitable number of hire clubs.
- Offer a club repair and re-grip service.
- Maintain a positive and productive relationships between the Club and its committee, golfers, guests, employees, community and Club suppliers.
Green Fees and Cart Income:
- Collect, record and account for green fee and cart income.
- Manage and maintain the fleet of electric carts.
- Monitor and organise all aspects of play including starting, monitoring pace of play, safety on the course and golf rules of play.
- Develop new opportunities to fill underutilised tee times.
Events, Tournaments and Corporate Days:
- Manage and promote club tournaments.
- Develop initiatives to grow Club revenue through increased corporate days.
To register your interest and obtain further information regarding application please contact Casino Golf Club General Manager, Andrew Porter via the link below or call 0402 036 708
EOI/Application must be submitted by 3pm Friday 16 August 2019.