The Golf Managers Association of New Zealand (GMANZ), a proud partner of the Club Management Association of America (CMAA) has been offering the Business Management Institute (BMI) educational programme in New Zealand since 2015 and currently has 70 students undertaking various stages of the programme. For a small country of 4.8 million people and 390 golf clubs this is an outstanding achievement.
Recently GMANZ had the pleasure of hosting the inaugural BMI review course and exam for students from New Zealand and South East Asia, the final stage of 5 years of study. It is with a lot of pride that we can report that the following managers from New Zealand graduated as Certified Club Managers – CCM
- Grant Lewis CCM, CEO, Canterbury Golf Association
- Grant Nicholas CCM, Operations Manager, Remuera Golf Club
- Ian Lichfield CCM, General Manager, Pukekohe Golf Club,
- Lesley MacDonald CCM, Auckland
- Michelle Campbell CCM, General Manager, Hastings Golf Club
- Travis Gawler CCM, General Manager, Hamilton Golf club
- and from South East Asia
- Steven Thielke CCM, CEO, TPC Kuala Lumpur
- Matthew Murray CCM, Managing Director, Champions Golf Singapore and
- Vijaykumar Raj CCM Singapore.
Chris Davies President of GMANZ in congratulating the successful candidates commented “the CMAA BMI educational programme has been an outstanding success in New Zealand, improving the standard of club management and fostering strong networking links. We look forward with confidence in producing another group of successful CCM students in 2021.’