The Shortland Waters Golf Club is looking to recruit a Golf Operations Manager to manage the day to day operations of the club’s golf department and oversee the Clubs coaching programmes. The successful applicant will become an integral member of the management team and report directly to the Club Operations Manager.
About Shortland Waters Golf Club
Newcastle’s most iconic 18 hole layout situated on the edges of the Hunter Wetlands has undergone a multimillion dollar redevelopment over the past two and a half years. The newly configured 18 Hole Par 71 course of 5871 metres features 8 new holes, 6 of which are to world standard links style design and construction, the new course presents a unique and enjoyable challenge for golfers of all levels.
The Golf Operations Manager Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic PGA Member to lead and manage the golf department team to consistently exceed the expectations of our Members and guests. The right applicant will have a strong work ethic, be committed to ongoing improvement and possess impressive communication skills.
The Golf Operations Manager will manage the entire day to day operations of the Golf Shop including:
- All golf specific member services.
- Competitions, member accounts and electronic timesheets.
- Merchandising, retail sales, stock control and point of sale systems.
- Department profitability.
- Staff development, basic training and rostering.
- Equipment repairs
- Corporate golf events and social group bookings.
- The development of key Coaching programs including Juniors, Ladies and get into Golf
This full-time salaried position requires permanent weekend work.
The successful applicant must be a current PGA Member and will preferably possess:
- Exceptional communication, leadership and management skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Management experience in a member service environment is preferred.
- A strong passion for coaching and for attracting juniors & new players to the game.
- Club fitting experience and qualifications preferred.
The Club has a positive, supportive and enjoyable workplace culture in a beautiful environment with a strong growing membership.
As the Golf Operations Manager, you will be provided with a competitive salary, professional development, a range of benefits and the opportunity to play the course as an Honorary Member.
Please send your application including resume and cover letter to the Club Operations Manager, Yvonne Kelly via tab below by 31 August 2020.