Burleigh Golf Club is seeking to appoint a contracted PGA Golf Professional to provide service to their 1,100 Members and visitors who play the course each year.
Burleigh Golf Club is located at the southern end of the Gold Coast, 80km from Brisbane, and minutes from Burleigh Heads beaches and surrounds.
The local weather is 26 – 28 degrees during November – March with tops of around 21 degrees from May- August
The Club operates 7 days per week with the busiest days being Wednesday to Saturday, has approximately 65,000 competition rounds annually with additional selected social play, and has a Pro Shop of approximately 100 square meters + swing studio + club storage.
The Club possesses a 180m practice range, putting green, chipping green, and practice bunker.
The successful applicant for this position must be a PGA Member, ideally with a Certified status under the PGA’s ACE Program, preferably being Advanced in a relevant ACE stream (Small Business, Coaching, Game Development, Management) as an indicator of engagement in ongoing training and development. The applicant must be well presented, honest and reliable, organised, and self-motivated with a good work ethic, good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
Applicants must all have (or are willing to) complete the PGA’s Workplace Training Program in order to indenture the PGA Associates employed at the Club from time to time (at the Professionals discretion), and by extension, manage their associated requirements.
The position offered as a contractor as the Head Professional with the following operations forming part of the responsibilities of the successful applicant:
- The collection of Competition Fees and Green Fees
- Administration of club competitions – responsible for educating and enforcing the etiquette and rules of golf and so assist members to enjoy the game
- Maintain and manage your own fleet of golf carts to a minimum of 14 carts
- Starting and coordinating competition fields
- Make provision for trophies as required
- Junior golf – Development and coordination of junior golf programs
- Provide tuition for club members, representative squads, and juniors
- Provide a range of equipment, accessories & clothing supplies for club members and visitors
- Regularly play golf with club members and attend presentations, social activities etc (where possible)
- Assist in the promotion of the club and its facilities
- Assist and attend Match Committee meetings offering support and guidance
- Provide regular information for the clubs’ website and other communication tools
- Attend monthly Board Meetings presenting a report on golf activity
(Exact expectations on the level of membership services, exact roles and responsibilities as well as the quality of club operations shall be listed in the service agreement)
Minimum Opening Hours:
7 days a week from 6:00am to 6:00pm, seasonally dependent, 364 days per year.
The role is for a contractor to work with the Club team and Board with the opportunity for sales revenue on golf hardware, equipment, cart rentals, lesson income, and beverage sales.
- Exclusive rights to driving range income (balls and lessons) including the provision of balls, and range collection
- Cart rentals
- Development of a remuneration model will be undertaken with the successful applicant, with your input welcome during application (global fee, commissions etc)
- Ability to teach and retain all profits associated with tuition including current arrangements already in place relating to the junior, and beginner programs
For more Information:
Please contact Ian Cottle, General Manager on (07) 5572 8266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 24 June 2022.
To be negotiated with the successful applicant with a preferable starting date in August 2022 with a 3-year minimum contract term with options available.
Applications should be emailed to: