Latrobe Golf Club was established in 1948. Latrobe Golf Club is a beautiful course in the leafy suburb of Alphington, just 10km from Melbourne’s CBD. It is bordered on two sides by the Yarra River and lined by majestic Red River Gums.
Latrobe is a vibrant, friendly golf club whose members reflect the diversity of Melbourne’s residents. The Club is financially sound and has recently completed a major renovation to our clubhouse.
We are seeking a suitably experienced Club Manager to assume responsibility for the professional delivery of all aspects of our golf club and to consistently exceed the expectations of our members and guests. An energetic and outgoing personality with a strong background in clubs/hotels or significant hospitality operations and a proven record of delivering results whilst maintaining operational standards over a sustained period of time is essential. Your leadership and organizational skills will enable you to drive a busy strategic agenda whilst overseeing and delivering quality operational standards and performances. You will have a passion for engaging and connecting with staff and members. You will adopt a progressive approach in your thinking and keep abreast of innovations and new technologies to ensure the Club remains relevant in the changing golf industry.
The role requires a level of understanding to liaise, report and work closely with the club’s Board and a capacity to implement their vision and follow their direction. Working with the Board to set a strategy, you will subsequently be afforded the resources and the latitude to implement strategies through a range of operational plans.
- Overseeing all departments within the business and provide leadership, supervision, direction, and encouragement to the LGC service teams
- Manage and promote the club’s services and facilities – including the golf course, golf, pro shop, functions and events, marketing and communications
- Be involved in the development and execution of the strategic plan
- Proactively drive the club’s financial growth, membership, LGC profile, and overall performance
- Improve and implement systems, structures, procedures, and documentation to assist with efficiency and effectiveness
- Support and work closely with the LGC Board and Committees
- Manage and maintain a positive, friendly and professional service-oriented culture
- Building relationships and proactively engaging with guests and members
- Oversee HR administration including payroll, contracts, and documentation, leave and entitlements, HR policies and compliance with legislation
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least 3 years in a similar senior management role
- You will have a relevant tertiary qualification (such as finance, management, marketing or hospitality)
- Have strong strategic planning & marketing skills
- Demonstrate strong financial management, reporting, and budgeting skills & experience
- Have sound skills in IT and computerised POS systems
- Show a proven ability to manage & lead staff to deliver an environment that is responsive to market trends and the needs of members & visitors
- Understand relevant legislative and compliance requirements
- Have a proven track record in dealing with local authorities and other external stakeholders
- Be innovative in your approach to the development of the club’s revenue streams
- Be self-motivated with a drive to achieve, enthusiastic, flexible and well organised
- Be service and customer-focused, engaging, and have a warm and friendly personality
- Combine professionalism in all you do with sound commercial acumen and a strong work ethic
Suitable professional qualifications will be viewed favourably. Experience in the golf club industry is not essential although a sound knowledge of the game of golf is preferable.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our team. A competitive salary package and other benefits, commensurate with experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applications, including a full resume and covering letter, should be emailed to the Club President, Mr Phil Misso via the tab below. Telephone inquiries to 0412 549 259.
Closing date: Friday, 17th January 2020.