Programmed Turnpoint are Australia’s premier Golf Course Maintenance Contractor servicing more than 9 courses around Australia. The Graham Papworth Designed Geelong Golf Club is situated only 10 min from the Geelong CBD and 35 min from Werribee. Part of the Geelong Golf Course Residential Community, this fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated and dedicated turf management professional to take on the role as the Course Superintendent.
Reporting directly to the General Manger of the Golf Division of Programmed Turnpoint P/L, this is a highly challenging role and the successful applicant will be expected to have experience in the following areas:
- Management of bent grass putting greens;
- Organising, participating in and supervising daily course preparation activities from day to day golf preparation, turf management, presentation, irrigation systems, staff rostering, approved financial budgets, W,H&S, plant and equipment maintenance, planning and scheduling of contractors when required. Instruction on proper and safe use of all associated course equipment;
- A thorough knowledge of turf registered pesticides and operation/supervision of pesticide application equipment. Must have a spray applicators license;
- An up-to-date knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of course operations;
- A thorough knowledge of irrigation system operation, maintenance and repair;
- Performing HR management duties such as evaluation, employee safety controls and disciplinary actions;
- Preparing clear and concise reports and maintaining effective employee, management and public relations;
Good communication skills (both written and verbal) are considered essential for this role as is knowledge of Word and Excel. The successful applicant will be required to participate in shared weekend overtime supervision and must also have a valid driver’s license.
The successful applicant shall be self motivated, punctual and have the ability to work in all conditions. This is a permanent full time salary position with weekend work on a rotating roster whilst working in a great team environment.
If you feel you have the skill set to take on this significant role within one of Australia’s leading golf clubs, please submit your resume stating qualifications, project successes and relevant experience, marked confidential and addressed to the General Manager Golf Division, Programmed Turnpoint P/L Shops 9 & 10/1283 Point Nepean Rd. Rosebud VIC 3939 or apply via link below.